2. Pure Substance A pure substance is a homogenousmixture and it cannot be separated into another substance. There are two different types pure substances Ex: Water is a pure substance.
3. MixtureTwo or more kinds of substances mixed together.There are two different kinds of mixtures: Heterogenous and Homogeneous Ex: salt water is a mixture
4. Heterogenous MixtureThe composition of the mixture is different everywhere in the mixture.Ex: Trail Mix would be a heterogenousmixture because you can see the different things mixed together and you can physically separate the mixture.
5. Homogeneous Mixture The composition of the mixture is the same through the mixture. Everything is evenly distributed in the composition. Ex: Kool-Aid is a homogeneous mixturebecause everything is easily distributed within the drink
6. ElementSubstance that contains only one type of atom.Ex: Copper,Lead, and Aluminum are all examples of an element.
7. CompoundSubstances that contains more than one type of element. Ex: Water, Salt, and Sugar are all compounds.
8. Chemical ChangeA chemical change is when substances combined together change into a new substance.Ex: The explosion of fireworks would be a chemical change.
9. Chemical PropertyAny characteristic that gives a substance the ability to undergo a change. Ex: Heat of combustion
10. Physical PropertyAny property used to characterize matter and energy and their interaction.Ex: Boiling point, Melting point,color, smell, and Freezing point.
11. Property ChangeA change from one state to another. (solid, liquid, or gas)Ex: Ice(solid)=====>>Water(liquid)Water(liquid) =====>> Steam(gas)