1. No Frills Guide:
Subsidy for PSB Academy
Certificate and Diploma
2. Skills Development Fund
Skills Development Fund (SDF)
• Employer-based subsidy
• Training grant must be submitted through NTUC, CDAC, Mendaki, CDC or company
• PSB Academy is under Nett Fee system
– Grant must be approved before course commencement
– Company/Trainee pays fees after deducting subsidy
Subsidy amount available:
• 50% Standard subsidy amount (NTUC, CDAC, Mendaki or company)
• 90% (Company only)
• 95% (NTUC, CDAC, Mendaki, CDC or company)
75% attendance on average for the per module
(includes medical leave, work trips)
Sit for all prescribed examinations
Remain in employment* throughout the duration of the course
Maintain uninterrupted union membership throughout the duration of the course
until the claims are processed (NTUC Only)
* Employment refers to full time employment with a Singapore ACRA registered
company with CPF contribution.
4. Enhanced Subsidy
Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) funding of 95%:
Aged 35 years and above
Earning $1,900 or less per month
Automatically awarded by WDA regardless of where student apply for grant if
applicant is eligible.
5. Option 1: NTUC (UTAP-WTS)
95% WTS (If eligible)
Can only apply online via http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
• Must apply at least 7 days but not more than 60 days before the course start date.
• Best to apply for course with PSB and funding with NTUC concurrently.
NTUC-SEP does not support:
• Certificate in Business Management
• Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
• Diploma in Sports and Exercise Science
6. Option 2: CDAC (Applicable for Chinese
CDAC-STA: scheme, CDAC will sponsor up to 95% of your course fees
Diploma in Business Administration & Diploma in Business Administration
(Human Resource Management) programme only.
CDAC-SDF: Applicants pay the 50% course fee on their own. CDAC only can help to
apply for SDF funding. Students have to pay the unfunded portion of the course
fees and other miscellaneous fees on their own.
Please indicate which specialization you are going for and not just put Diploma in
7. CDAC Eligibility
CDAC’s criteria for STA and SDF:
Must be Singaporean or PR whose race is Chinese as indicated in the NRIC
Personal Income does not exceed $1900; Total Household Income does not
exceed $3000;Per Capita Income does not exceed $800
Highest Education does not exceed ‘O’ Levels(Nitec/Higher Nitec/ COS may be
considered for Diploma applications)
Diploma applicants must be gainfully employed with CPF Contributions and
employment benefits at the point of application to CDAC and throughout the
Applicant who exceed slightly may submit their applications for CDAC’s
Please contact CDAC at 6603 5566 or visit their website at www.cdac.org.sg to
check funding eligibility and for funding assistance.
Funding applications must reach CDAC no later than 21 days before course
8. Option 3: Mendaki (Applicable for
95% WTS (If eligible)
Applicable to any WDA approved course
Applicants may apply with Mendaki AFTER acceptance into the programme by PSB Academy.
You will need:
• PSB Letter of Acceptance
• Original Mendaki application form
• Photocopy of IC, back & front
• CPF contribution history
• Status of employment letter indicating at least 1 benefit (annual leave, medical leave, etc)
• Latest pay-slip
Please contact Mendaki Sense at. 6478 3100 or
9. Option 4: Company
90% (SME only)
95% (if eligible)
• Unsupported portion of the fees must be paid by the company, not by the trainee.
• Payment must be made with the company cheque or by GIRO payments from the
• 90% grant available to Small-Medium Enterprises (SME).
• Automatically awarded by WDA if company is flagged as SME.
• Company will have to apply for grant via www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
• Grant has to be approved before course commencement otherwise company will have to
pay full course fee.
Please contact WDA at 6883 5885 or email them at WDA_Skillsconnect_Helpdesk@wda.gov.sg
Or view the WDA Briefing Slides.
10. To enroll into the programmes, contact the