[Challenge:Future] Green Technology A Tool For Sustainable Growth In SLOVENIAPresentation Transcript
Green Technology A Tool For Sustainable Growth of Tourism In SLOVENIA Presented by- Ankit sharma [email_address] [email_address] DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
The purpose of this presentation is to promote tourism activity In Slovenia.
The presentation is not based upon past holiday experience in some Slovenian city but gives a technique to promote tourism and how the tool can be used to generate revenues and make it a tourist hotspot.
A detailed examination of the Slovenian cities, their tourism ,their land area, hotels and scenic beauties were taken to better adjust new techniques in cities like Solčava , Bled, Ptuj And Maribor .
(SAP) / (LAP )
( SAP) / (LAP) model has been applied to analyze yoga and cycle tourism . The situation represents the present scenario of the organization. Actors are the participants, influencing the situation to evolve different sustainable processes. Based on SAP, various learning issues have been analyzed which lead to suitable action followed by impact of SAP on the performance of tourism.
Slovenia Tourism Overview
Figures from the Slovenian Tourist Board (STB) released in December 2010 showed that a total of 1,869,106 foreign tourists visited Slovenia over the course of 2010, representing a 2.5% increase year-onyear (y-o-y).
Foreign tourists made up 62% of total arrivals according to the STB, with domestic guests accounting for the other 38%. This made for total tourist arrivals (1,869,106 foreign + 1,1,37,166 domestic tourists) of 3,006,272 for 2010, up by 0.7% y-o-y.. Looking at the number of people who stayed overnight in Slovenia, this showed a slight decline of 1% y-o-y, according to the STB. Health spas remained the mainstay of Slovenian tourism, seeing some 654,050 tourist arrivals over 2010 (2,753,000 overnights), according to data from the Slovenian Spas Association. This equates to around one-third of all Slovenian tourist overnights, according to the STB.
yoga Cycle tourism
Cycle tourism is developing rapidly in much of Europe, National Cycle Networks have opened or are being developed in Denmark, Switzerland, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands and elsewhere, and flagship routes already have impressively high levels of use. yoga Yoga came to the attention of an educated western public in the mid 19th century along with other topics of Hindu philosophy. Long-term yoga practitioners in the United States have reported musculoskeletal and mental health improvements, Regular yoga practice is shown to improve mood and anxiety more than other metabolically matched exercises, such as jogging or walking.
Going greener can be more precisely achieved if we employ cycle tourism and Yoga in major tourist cities of Slovenia.
• The key issues related to the present situation are with huge tourist hot spots, resources, culture, and heritage sites Slovenia has huge potential to be great tourist hotspot.
• Lack of promotion of new green technologies which can attract tourist and give them a sense of new pleasure, comfort and satisfaction.
Promoting tourism on the basis of green technologies such as cycle tourism and yoga will attract large no. of tourist in search of adventure, learning, and health.
Promoting tourism on the basis of green technologies such as cycle tourism, yoga and pranayam will attract large no. of tourist in search of adventure, learning, and health.
Promoting tourism on the guidelines of teaching the finest yogic and breathing techniques to fight diseases, illness or to achieve a sound healthy state.
• Tour packages can be promoted on the basis of complete green and healthy taglines such as green and healthy incredible Slovenia.
Tourist can be lured to move to such green packages by teaching them about the exceptional and remarkable results of yoga and pranayama on human health.
Either the hotels can employ such teachers who can teach the tourist the yogic techniques every day or the tourist can also opt to stay at yoga centres or Vedic schools which can generate revenues for local people as well.
Teaching tourists about various herbs, shrubs, plants and their exceptional medical abilities for tourist dealing with any specific disease or body problem.
The transportation department have to work in response to the needs of cyclist.
Cycle tourism helps support rural pubs, village shops, small-scale rural attractions and accommodation providers.
The development of a new type of cycle route map for the occasional leisure cyclist involved an initial phase of qualitative research to provide a blueprint of what this type of cyclist requires.
Tourist will be more willing to pay for such a tour package which is concerned with its health.
Such tourism helps support rural pubs, village shops, small-scale rural attractions and accommodation providers.
A clean and green environment will not only encourage tourist to arrive regularly but also lead to sustainable development .