1. The Advantages &
Disadvantages of Social
2. Main Idea
• To inform the audience about the advantages
& disadvantages about our every day use of
the social media
• Social media has not been just a platform for
easy and simple advanced online marketing but
it has become a revolution of our century.
• Many people are using different social
networking sites and some have tried to
capitalize on its importance but they do not
know about its advantages and disadvantages.
• The following are list of positive and negative
effects of social media to users that need to
4. The Advantages of Social Media
Keep in touch with friends and family
• Reconnect with lost loved ones and you can
keep in touch will military family overseas
and out of town family.
5. The Advantages of Social Media
Stay informed about the world
• Follow news stations (CNN, El Paso Times)
pages on Facebook and twitter, saves time
from reading a whole article .
6. The Advantages of Social Media
Opportunity to widen business
• Social Media is a great and cheap way to
promote business using adverting and
7. The Advantages of Social Media
Stay in touch wherever you are at
• You can talk and see your loved ones
whenever you travel.
8. The Advantages of Social Media
Meet people who can help you with your
• Find out what companies are hiring and find
people to hire for your company to eat, you
can ask and can get responds from your
9. The Disadvantages of Social Media
• Someone can hack into your account and
get your personal information and you can
possibly be a victim of identity theft.
10. The Disadvantages of Social Media
• Fake Facebook accounts are created to
scam people by pretending to be an
organization and taking money or someone
can pretend to be someone else so they can
get them to talk to them, aka catfish.
11. The Disadvantages of Social Media
• Cyber bullying includes mean text
messages or emails, rumors sent by email
or posted on social networking sites, and
embarrassing pictures, videos, websites, or
12. The Disadvantages of Social Media
• Employees may waste valuable time using
social media channels such as Facebook
13. The Disadvantages of Social Media
It can cost you your job
• Employees can also use social media to
attack the company’s reputation and
possibly get fired or sued.
14. The Advantages & Disadvantages of Social
• Like any other type of networking or social
media it is a good idea to do your homework
and make sure that you know what you are
regulations, and be clear on issues like security
15. The Advantages & Disadvantages of Social
• Take responsibility for your own safety and
integrity and never join something just
because it is trendy or all your friends are
• In evaluating the advantages and
disadvantages of social networking, it is best
to be cautious. After all, the lack of both can
have a devastating effect.
• Cosmato, Donna. "Advantages and Disadvantages of
Socialnetworking.lovetoknow.com, 02 July 2013. Web.
29 July. 2013.
• "Cyber bullying." www.stopbullying.com., 08 Feb 2012.
Web. 29 July. 2013.
• Beirut. "10 Must-Know Advantages & Disadvantages of
Social Media." blog.thoughtpick.com., 25 Nov 2010.
Web. 29 July. 2013.
• Cain, Kevin. "The Negative Effects of Facebook on
Communication." Social Media Today RSS N.p., 29 June
2012. Web. 29 July. 2013.