On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
• A Web site that provides a virtual community for people interested in a particular subject or just to "hang out" together.
• Members create their own online "profile" with biographical data, pictures, likes, dislikes and any other information they choose to post.
• They communicate with each other by voice, chat, instant message, videoconference, and blogs.
• A service typically provides a way for members to contact friends of other members.
• Sites may also serve as a vehicle for meeting in person. Social networking sites are virtual communities where a group of people who use the Internet to communicate with each other.
• WOM (Word of mouth) is the oldest form of advertising there is. Today some call it Buzz Marketing. Major changes are coming to the Internet due to the whole social networking phenomenon that will impact merchants and affiliates in a way that many are not capitalizing on yet.
The Buckeye Fanatic is likely to be male in his early twenties. They watch multiple sports and they watch them often! Bucks Fanatics attend sporting events as well as watch games on television and online. They are more likely to check sports information websites on a daily basis. The Bucks Fanatic is very concerned with the content of a sports information website. The Bucks Fanatic wears team and sport clothing quite often.
The following are some Buckeye Fanatic preferences:
• Watching sporting events on television
• Watching sporting events online
• Watching highlights online
• Accessing online game trackers
• Subscribing to sports updates online
• Accessing mobile sports websites
• Tailgating at sporting events
• Printing sporting events schedules
• Using sports applications on social networking sites
The Seasonal Buckeyes Fan gets excited about their favorite sport when in season. These fans are more likely to include women as well as men. They like to watch sporting events and check for information online, but are not likely to subscribe to sports updates. The Seasonal Bucks Fan is likely to check for sports information a few times a week during a particular season, but not at all in the off-season.
• The following are some of the Seasonal Bucks Fan preferences:
• Watching sports on television / online
• Texting friends before, during, and after games
• Coordinating game day activities
• Checking sports updates online
• Printing out seasonal team schedule
The Marketplace - Knowing Your Target
Persona #3 - The Casual Buckeyes Fan
The Casual Buckeyes Fan enjoys sports yet is mostly interested in the social aspect, attending, and watching sporting events with their friends and/or family. They rarely check for sports information in the off-season and do not subscribe to any kind of sports updates. They receive mobile sports information through text messages from friends.
• The following are a few of the Casual Bucks Fan preferences:
• Watching sporting events on television with friends and/or family
• Attending a game with friends and/or family
• Tailgating before the game
• Accessing sports information online
• Accessing social networking websites to communicate with friends
Step one is identifying needs and goals for the Bucknuts Network
Find New Users
Convert non-pay into paid membership accounts
Bucknuts & Social Media
Partner Sites - Redistribution of Content
1) Myspace - Build profile and friend bank
2) Facebook - Create Facebook App for Buckeye Fans
3) YouTube - Host a weekly Bucknuts TV Show - Teaser - Link back to site
4) Twitter - Create a Bucknuts enthusiast destination - Current updates
5) Bloggers - Give them tools like embedable content to redistribute
6) Mobile SMS - Build the mobile component to Bucknuts