1. 2Edmentum is redefining the 21st centuryclassroom. We enable educators andadministrators to deliver achievement in theclassroom, blending individual teachingapproaches with proven, award-winningonline learning solutions that specificallyaddress the needs of individual learnersand the expectations of everyone with astake in learner success.- Vin Riera, CEO of Edmentum, Inc.
2. OVER 30ELECTIVESOVER 200PROVENCOURSESVIRTUALCOURSES,TEACHERS,& SERVICES20,000+HOURS OFCONTENTMORE THAN600,000ASSESSMENTITEMS USED IN OVER30,000 SCHOOLSBY 14 MILLIONSTUDENTS
5. Proven options for every learner• Edmentum allowseducators andadministrators to offereffective solutions forevery learner of anyability• Edmentum solutionsare as diverse as yourlearners’ needs andare the mostcomprehensive in theonline learning industry6Edmentum – Redefining the 21st Century Classroom
6. Meeting the needs of teachers andadministrators• Edmentum solutions aredesigned by educators, foreducators• We understand educators’and administrators’ needs forflexibility in offerings• Edmentum solutions easily fitinto your district or school’sexisting curriculum• Edmentum solutions aredesigned to help educatorsmeet state and CommonCore standards7Edmentum – Redefining the 21st Century Classroom
7. Redefining the 21st Century Classroom
8. Reading SuiteReading Eggs is a learn-to-read program in whichstudents begin at an emergent reading level or alevel that matches their reading ability, and progressat their own pace.Reading Eggspress builds on the knowledgegained in Reading Eggs and develops readingand comprehension skills.ESL ReadingSmart accelerates Englishlanguage development. The program offersindividualized instruction for English languagelearners.ReadingMate is a reading intervention programthat prepares students to read at grade level.
9. Study Island• K- 12 standards mastery programdesigned to help students meetlearning objectives defined in theGLEs and Common Core.• Program design components includeassessment practice, short lessons,reteach explanations, animationsand motivating games.• 17 different reports supportscomprehensive progressmonitoring.• Teacher toolkit allows the additionalopportunities to engage studentswith technology inside of theclassroom.
10. PLATO Courseware• Exam Intervention – pre-built learning pathsaligned to instruction for LA EOC Exams.
11. The Challenge…• Impacting academic achievement at Tier1, 2 and 3 with computer assistedinstruction.• Increasing access to personalizedlearning.
12. Edmentum Assessments• Benchmarking– Test Packs-grade level assessments to identify skillgaps and prescribe learning plan.• Adaptive– Accucess-identify skill ability and prescribe learningplan to target grade level growth.• Test Design/Development– flexTest-create authentic assessments, modifybenchmark assessments.
13. Education City• Web-based, instructionalintervention tool providingfun and engaging studentactivities and teachingresources correlated tostate and Common CoreStandards in pre-Kthrough 6th gradelanguage arts, math,science, and ESL.
14. PLATO Courseware• Standards-based content tobuild the knowledge, skills, andcompetencies students need tosucceed.• Highly interactive courses tokeep students engaged.• Robust flexibility giving youopportunities to customizecourseware to meet your uniqueneeds.• Broad range of courses toaccommodate multiple levellearning needs.
15. EdOptions Academy• EdOptions Academy partnerswith schools and districts todeliver rigorous, research-based, and pedagogicallysound curriculum trustednationally by over 1,500partner schools paired withhighly trained, state certifiedonline teachers that adhereto iNACOL NationalStandards for Quality OnlinePrograms.
16. PLATO Courseware• Beyond HighSchool Library –courses designedto prepare studentsto enter college orthe workforce andmilitary.
17. Support your transition to CCSS18• Accucess aligned to CCSS (2012)• CCSS Test Pack v1 (2012)• CCSS Test Pack v2 (2013) w/ tech-enhanced items & constructed response• Re-aligned all HS Englishand Math courses (2012)• New Pre-calculus (2012)• New Geometry (2013)• Redesigned HS EnglishCourses (2014)• New CCSS Programs(2011 – 2012)• 10 new item types alignedto PARCC (2013)
18. 19New Item Types to Support Learning
19. A Vision for Mobile Learning20Texas Schools• All assessments can be taken from amobile device (2012)• All new course contentdeveloped in HTML5 (2012+)• All-new mobile-optimizedlearner experience (Dec 2013)• Dozens of mobile-optimizedsemester courses (Dec 2013)• Mobile-optimized site(2012)• 20+ mobile-compatiblereward games (Aug 2013)