1. WEB DESIGNPRINCIPLESbyDan PhelanHaleigh SillsCheyenne GarrisonStanton Sailsbury
2. Unity Shows unity through space and similarity.• The relationship between the individual parts and the whole of the composition. Unity has 3 components similarity, proximity, and alignment.
3. Variety Shows Variety by displaying many different images.• The difference in elements that add interest to design.
4. Balance Shows asymmetrical balance.• The distribution of weight or force within a composition. Balance had two forms symmetrical and asymmetrical.
5. Scale & Proportion An example of good scale and proportion. An example of poor scale and proportion.• The size of design elements in comparison with physical reality or relative to other elements in the composition.
6. Rhythm Shows movement through shape and color.• A sense of movement between different parts of the design.
7. Emphasis Shows emphasis through color/contrast and isolation.• Provides prominence to part of a design. Emphasis is most commonly created through isolation, placement, and contrast.
8. Simplicity Simple.• Omitting all non-essential or unimportant elements and details which do not contribute to the essence of the overall composition.