1. THE WONDERFUL PRECIOUS, POWERFUL, SAVING BLOOD OF
First Peter 1:19
Charles e Whisnant, Pastor/Teacher March 26 2014
Blood (129) (haima) refers to blood as the basis of life or what constitutes the life of an individual.
Leviticus 17:11). Blood is the basic component of a living organism. The shedding of Christ's blood
(death) was the penalty price for sin. What was foreshadowed in the Levitical system was realized at
the Cross when the Son of God laid down His life in death and ransomed men from sin. His precious
blood paid the ransom price for our redemption Revelation 5:9; 3:24-25; Romans 3:24-25
1. The precious blood of Christ has a Redeeming Power.
It redeems from the law (Galatians 3:13.)
2. The value of the blood lies much in its Atoning Efficacy.
We are told in Leviticus, that “it is the blood which maketh an atonement for the soul.” God
never forgave sin apart from blood under the law. This stood as a constant text — “Without
shedding of blood there is no remission.”
3. Thirdly, the precious blood of Jesus Christ has A Cleansing Power.
John tells us First John 1:17 “The blood of Jesus Christ his Son, cleanseth us from all sin.”
Sin has a directly defiling effect upon the sinner, hence the need of cleansing.
Isaiah 1:18 Song of Solomon 4:7
4. A fourth property of the blood of Christ is Its Preserving Power
The angel sped with noiseless wing through every street of
Egypt’s many cities; but there were some houses which he could not enter: he sheathed his
sword and breathed no death there.
Psalms 91:1 and Romans 8:38, Revelation 6:17, Hosea 10:8
5. Fifthly, the blood of Christ is precious because of its The Action or
Process Performed so Widespread
Paul says in Hebrews 12:24 “ And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood
2. of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
6. Sixthly, the blood is precious because of its Melting Influence on the
Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of
7. Seventh property of the precious blood. A Gracious Power To bring or
restore to a state of peace or tranquillity; quiet; calm: to pacify an angry man. 2. to appease: to
pacify one's appetite.
Two soldiers were on duty in the citadel of Gibraltar, one of them had obtained peace through
the precious blood of Christ, the other was in very great distress of mind.
8. We can only spare a minute now upon Its Sanctifying Influence.
The apostle tells us in Hebews 2:11 Christ sanctifies; he has purchased and sent the
sanctifying Spirit: the Spirit .... also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy
through his own blood .
The sancitifying work of the Spirit:
that the same blood which justifies by taking away sin, does in its after-action act upon
the new nature and lead it onward to subdue sin and to follow out the commands of
9. Another blessed property of the blood of Jesus, is Its Power To Give
We are told that the high priest never went within the veil without blood; and surely we can
never get into God’s heart, nor into the secret of the Lord, which is with them that fear him, nor
into any familiar intercourse with our great Father and Friend, except by the sprinkling of the
precious blood of Jesus.
“Romans 5:2 We have access with boldness into this grace wherein we stand,
10. The blood is very precious, in the tenth place, for Its Confirming
No covenant, we are told, was ever valid, unless victims were slain and blood sprinkled; and it
is the blood of Jesus which has ratified the new covenant, and made its promises sure to all
the seed. Hence it is called “the blood of the everlasting covenant. Hebrews 9:17 -18
11. The Invigorating Power Of the precious blood.
If you want to know that you must see it set forth as we often do when we cover the table with
the white cloth and put thereon the bread and wine. What mean we by this ordinance? John
6:56 and Song of Solomon 5:11
12. The Blood has An Overcoming Power
3. We have brought out a perfect number of its uses — the blood has An Overcoming Power.
It is written in the Revelation 12:11 “They overcame through the blood of the Lamb.”