2. NAME : JULIE CARIASO RAMOS OCCUPATION : HEAD NURSE LOCATION : CICOSAT HOSPITAL ,SAN FERNANDO CITY, LA UNION DATE INTERVIEWED: OCTOBER 13, 2010 LOCATION: CICOSAT COLLEGES, SAN FERNANDO CITY, LA UNION TIME INTERVIEWED: 3:00- 3:45 PM
3. The major emphasis of this interaction with a nurse is the discussion about patient and the pharmaceutical care practitioner rapport when pharmaceutical care is provided in a hospital or clinical setting. Patient care is a common practice to all healthcare professionals but pharmaceutical care is a generalist practice and it is applicable to all patients, with any medical condition, taking any drug therapy, and in any practice setting. This interaction with a nurse regarding pharmaceutical care practice does not focus on pharmacological or therapeutic content. It is Intended to define with a clear understanding of her responsibilities as a healthcare practitioner.
4. It presents a clear vision of the practice that allows her responsibilities to be met according to the standards of practice, the standards for professional behavior, the philosophy of practice, the patient care process, and the documentation standards required to provide pharmaceutical care to patients. The focus of this teaching or conversation is to provide her with a rational, systematic, and comprehensive approach to the patient, the patient’s medical conditions, and the patient’s drug therapy, so as she can manage drug therapy on a patient-specific basis. Some questions were delivered in a written report, submitted to me with her practical answers. And has clearly defines some points of view regarding pharmaceutical and nursing care practice .
5. <ul><li>As a nurse, please describe the health care service you are offering to the patients . </li></ul><ul><li>- building a nurse – patient interaction through providing basic medical information to a certain sickness of the patient. </li></ul><ul><li>- prioritizing concerns of patients’ health promotion, health maintenance, and most importantly health restoration. </li></ul><ul><li>What are the fundamental activities and nature of the service you offer? </li></ul><ul><li>1. promoting health and wellness </li></ul><ul><li>2. preventing illness </li></ul><ul><li>3. restoring illness </li></ul><ul><li>4. caring for the dying </li></ul>*QUESTIONNAIRE* ( Answers were not edited)
6. The following are the nature or standard of the services offered: 1. providing care for individual s 2. providing care for the families 3. providing care for the communities 3. What are the objectives of your healthcare service? 1. providing systematic methodology for health care provider 2. providing continuity of care to reduce omissions 3. promoting creativity & flexibility in health care practices. 4. individualizing client participation in care 5. giving directions, guidance and planning health care 6. facilitating documentation of data, diagnosis, and clients’responses and evaluation
7. <ul><li>In a general way of creating a patient’s profile, we are following the common format as: assessment care plan follow up evaluation, is there any additional info to be gathered in practicing nursing care? </li></ul><ul><li>- We have to make the nursing plan which is composed of: </li></ul><ul><li>a. Nursing assessment data </li></ul><ul><li>b. Nursing prognosis </li></ul><ul><li>c. Desired outcomes </li></ul>5. What common ethical consideration you practice in nursing care? - Respecting a patient refusal of blood transfusion 4. Please describe the value of a network of pharmaceutical care practitioner colleagues when you are establishing a nursing care practice in your area. - The value of a network of pharmaceutical care practitioner colleagues when establishing a nursing care practice in the area is that an easy access.
8. 7. As a nurse, how would you prepare your patient’s profile? In how many ways do you focus on his/her drug therapy profile? What are the drug information you gather from the patient? - In preparing patient’s profile each sheet containing: a. Face Sheet or the data sheet b. History and Physical Exam c. Consent form or Care d. Doctor’s order sheet e. Progress notes f. Operating room record g. Laboratory result h. Monitoring sheet i. Medication sheet j. WF/BT or blood transfusion sheet k. TPR sheet l. Nurses notes m. Referral notes n. Discharge summary
9. We focus on his medication on the drug profile according to doctor’s order like for instance we give the medicine what the doctors order like for instance OD, BID, TID, QID, ask patients if they have allergy to penicillin , etc.
10. <ul><li>As the discussion of her answers went through, we have come up with the differences of our patient care approaches. As a pharmacist, I have emphasized the PHARMACOTHERAPY WORKUP and some formats and notes to be added in establishing the workup. </li></ul><ul><li>SOME POINTS TO BE CONSIDERED IN THE CONVERSATION: </li></ul><ul><li>Drug therapy problems are at the center of the pharmaceutical care practitioner’s responsibilities. </li></ul><ul><li>Patient care approach differences. </li></ul><ul><li>Making clinical decisions for and with a patient is an important part in building a patient-healthcare rapport. </li></ul><ul><li>Pharmacotherapy Workup format is emphasized. </li></ul><ul><li>Pharmacotherapy Patient Case Presentation format is discussed, its difference from the common format they generally use in the ER area. </li></ul>