1. Diners World Travel’s ExperienceLeveraging Cloud Capabilities to Deliver Value-AddedBusiness Advantage in a Competitive LandscapeLoo Kian WaiSenior Manager, HR & Finance
2. Our Company ProfileEstablished in1972Wholly ownedsubsidiary of DinersClub Singapore 60 employeesTravelManagementCompanyOutbound tours& incentivetrips
3. Our Industry ChallengesHighlycompetitiveRisingoperating costsManpowerCrunchNatural disastersand epidemic fluvirus outbreaks
4. Lack of spaceOur IT ChallengesLack of budget formanpowerHigh ITinvestmentcostsMobileworkforce
5. Why cloud computing?Cost effective Easy to setupEase of cashflowFasterdeploymentResilience &Redundancy- BCPEasy toscale
6. Ever since we’ve beenon cloud he’s been onCloud Nine!
7. WHAT SYSTEMS ARE ON“CLOUD”?Nov 2010 April 2011April 2013
8. CASE STUDY : QLIKVIEWChallenges :Need to deploy BIfor analysisCosts considerationsSpace limitationsIT resource limitationsMobility
9. CASE STUDY : QLIKVIEWSolution : IaaSDeploy BI server@ Cloud (Singtel)- PowerOnCompute AlatumpackageTwo weeks fordeploymentWeb access
10. “Thanks to cloud technology, Nigel cannot only work from home, but he canwork from other people’s homes as well”
11. CASE STUDY : Office 365Challenges :Disaster recoverySecurity IssuesSoftware updatesScalabilityMobilityDowntime
12. CASE STUDY : Office 365Solution : SaaSRemote accessBetter securityBetter redundancyEase of useCost savingsSoftware updates
13. CASE STUDY : Rapid SalesChallenges :High investment costsManpower constraintsScalabilityMaintenance issues
14. CASE STUDY : Rapid SalesSolution :Remote accessLimited manpowerrequirementsScalabilityEase of maintenance
15. Mobile devices friendly
16. New EDM capability• Direct link to websitecustomer database.• Faster speed indisseminating traveldeals to our targetaudience.• Higher conversion andmore sales!
17. Productivity Innovation CreditYou get back $0.68 for every dollarincurred on cloud computing expenditure!Industry specific schemespromoting the adoption ofSaaSGovernment’s Push for Cloud Adoption
18. Security ConcernsFinding the rightcloud partnerThird party (vendor) has no interest in ourdata - they have to ensure its security tomake cloud computing work, so we do havea level of confidence in them and thetechnology.
19. I have some real concerns over cloud’ssecurity compared to our in-house… Hey!Just a minute, You’re NOT my boss!!!”
20. “It is not the strongest of thespecies that survives, nor the mostintelligent that survives. It is theone that is the most adaptable tochange.”- Charles Darwin
21. “The technological race is never-ending. We haveto constantly be a step ahead, purchasing thelatest equipment and the best software in a rapidlyevolving market. Cloud based model will give usthe confidence of expanding our services costeffectively and with less risks.”- Loo Kian Wai
22. What happen when everyone ison cloud computing???
23. “You should have been here backin the old days before cloudcomputing”