1. Not a your typical CloudbutalsoNIST definitionOn-demand Self-serviceBroad Network AccessResource PoolingRapid ElasticityMeasured ServiceIIJ GIO (launched in 2009)Fully-managed ServicesSecured Private AccessIndependent ResourcesOptimized for CustomerGuaranteed Throughput
2. AsiachinaOkinawaOkayamaHiroshima KobeOsakaFukuokaDCOsakaDC2OsakaDC1KyotoDCNagoyaDCJPNAPHamamatsuSouth TokyoChibaTokyoYokohamaDC2YokohamaDC1TokyoDC4TokyoDC3TokyoDC6TokyoDC5TokyoDC1TokyoDC2Kanazawa ToyamaDix-ieSendaiDCSapporoDCJPNIC1JPNIC2U.S.IIJ : Company Profile2012Sales $1.x billion1995Sales $0.05 billion100%1999Sales $0.25 billion20.9％57%38%5%26.4％20.0％13.5％17.8％Internet connectivity Outsourcing/DCManaged Network System IntegrationWANCloud
3. ＩＩＪ17%Amazon10%B8%C6%D6%others53%Fuji Chimera Institute,. Survey of the IaaS/HaaS market(2011) 1,800 applications 1,000 companies No.1 IaaS Mkt shareIIJ : Leading Cloud Business in Japan
4. Cloud Experience : Social AppsATM : once a weekPhone call : once a hourShoot : once a second
8. Cloud Experience : Enterprise CustomerNTT DoCoMo• Largest mobile operator with 60 million subscribers• Mobile Contents distribution platform on IIJ GIO• Big Data Analysis and Recommendations• Largest reference of Hadoop & Cassandra
9. Cloud Experience : Enterprise CustomerDaiwa House Industry• Largest house construction group, >$10Billion• Virtualized Desktop and whole office environment• 4,000 iPads with document management system• Optimize IT resource and reduce TCO
10. Cloud Experience : Enterprise CustomerTokyo StockExchange• 3rd largest stock exchange in the world• Recent volume are 3 times higher than 2012• Massive transaction DR site on IIJ GIO Storage• 500km away from Tokyo (IIJ GIO west region)Customer’s voice
11. Cloud Experience : Customer’s VoiceIIJ GIO Customer Experience survey（Answer from 120 customers in APR.2013）Performance(Servers,Storage & N/W)Quality of Service(Compared to On-premises)Stability(Up time & Robustness)
12. IIJ GIO：Service OverviewVirtualized PlatformMonitoring& OperationTrouble Ticket& Help DeskNW Security&Load balanceProvisioning&ConfigurationCommon Service PlatformInternet Leased line/ WANVirtualServerPhysicalServerNot a your typical CloudFull-managed ServicesSecured Private AccessIndependent ResourcesOptimized for CustomerGuaranteed Throughput~30% of resource are used as physical server.~45% of customer connect via WAN/leased line.~15% of customer bring in own equipment to DC.
13. Multi location DCCommon OEIIJ GIO：VMware hypervisor as a ServiceOption:SRM,vCloud Director,View etc.VMware vSphereEnterprise PlusIIJ GIO VWVirtual DT/Office Env.PhysicalX86 serverSockets/CoreRAM & I/OPhysicalStorageClass/volume(FC-SAN/NFS)PhysicalSwitchL2/L3-VLANInventoryNFS FCFCNFSSegment ASegment BSegment CPrivateVLANVirtualizeGlobalVLANCase #1Web businessCase #2DB/ERP Apps.Case #3ProvisionManaged via vCenter(administration authority)Industry standard virtualization platform for enterprise customers.Bring in any configuration and fully leverage VMware features as a Service.Resources Pool Run & OperateAllocate
14. Accelerate Enterprise ISV portfolio.Virtual Private Cloudpowered by VMwareMany ISVs are using same environment today.Eliminate unexpected troubles and keep quality.Shorten certification effort and time to market.Seamless integration withcustomer’s environmentIIJ GIO with VMware (1/2)
15. IIJ GIO : SAP Certification“Cloud Service Provider Certification” from SAP on 18thAPR.2013Audit items（examples)IT Service ManagementFollow ITIL and got ISO20000,SSAE16Reliability of InfrastructureUse multiple DC and redundancy of N/WCustomer support capability24H365D support / escalation processSecurity ManagementGuideline for monitoring and operationQualified engineering skillSAP ERP/FIN/CRM/HANA etc.
16. Set up SRMBCP/DR for mission critical environmentSite ReplicationWAN/VPNPrivate Cloud(On Premise)IIJ GIO with VMware Site Recovery ManagerIIJ GIO with VMware (2/2)AWS is proprietary & locked in
17. IIJ GIO Global expansionIf you might have good DC and/or interest to be partnering with IIJ.PLS let us know and develop new business in Asia together.To be in 2013Launch in 2012Launched in 2009PlanningWest US East USChinaJapanSingaporeUKTo be in 2013Launched in 2012Launched in 2013
18. Not a your typical CloudbutalsoNIST definitionOn-demand Self-serviceBroad Network AccessResource PoolingRapid ElasticityMeasured ServiceIIJ GIO (launched in 2009)Fully-managed ServicesSecured Private AccessIndependent ResourcesOptimized for CustomerGuaranteed Throughput
19. To be a your Preffered CloudbutalsoNIST definitionOn-demand Self-serviceBroad Network AccessResource PoolingRapid ElasticityMeasured ServiceIIJ GIO (launched in 2009)Fully-managed ServicesSecured Private AccessIndependent ResourcesOptimized for CustomerGuaranteed Throughput