WHAT IS SLIDEBOOM? Slideboom allows you to upload PowerPoint presentations publically to the Slideboom website. You can download some presentations that are hosted on the site and rework them to meet your needs. It also lets you embed your presentations on blogs and websites and share on Facebook and Twitter.
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT To begin, go to http://www.slideboom.com/ and click the orange “Join Now” button. Register for the free account which lets you upload 100 public presentations and 10 private presentations. You will receive an email confirming your account creation.
2. UPLOAD Now that you’ve created your account, Slideboom gives you a direct link to your account that you can put in your bookmarks. Next, click on “Upload presentations”.
2. UPLOAD Select the presentation you want to upload from your computer.
2. UPLOAD You can adjust your presentation’s playback options. Select “PowerPoint like” to be able to manually advance the presentation by clicking. Select “Video” for the presentation to automatically advance on its own.
2. UPLOAD As the file loads, fill in the information about your presentation. All of this will make it easier for people to search for your presentation. Tags are key words and phrases that people can search to find your presentation. For example, by tagging “Dropbox” your presentation will appear when someone searches Dropbox.
2. UPLOAD Once your presentation has finished loading, click on “View presentation”>
3. THE SITE This is how your presentation will appear to the public. Use the play button and arrows at the bottom to advance the presentation. The full screen icon is in the bottom right hand corner.
4. EMBED To embed your presentation on a blog or website, click the “Embed” button in the top right corner of the page.
4. EMBED Copy and paste the code into your blog or website.