4.the significance of the way we check understanding
T E A C H I N G E N G L I S H F O R P R I M A R Y E D U C A T I O N
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE WAY WE
• - We operate in L2 by taking risks of operating on
By guessing the bits we don´t understand.
WHAT HAPPENS IN CLASSROOM?
• T checks meanings of almost evry word of Eng.
• T says a sentence and translates it ot ask ch. to do
• DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
WHAT DOES THE T. WANT?
• To make sure ch. are secure and confident
Constant checking T. implies ch. understand every bit.
• What happens?
• Ch. think they won´t be able to understand unless
they give mother tongue translation.
• Remember Even in L1 we DO not understand
every bit + we deal with whole messages.
EX. READING. We need not to stop in every word, if so
• When a kid does that the meaning disappears
For them and the listeners.
How can we check understanding?
+ watching what they do.
+watching their faces
¿Le ha llamado la atención una diapositiva en particular?
Recortar diapositivas es una manera útil de recopilar información importante para consultarla más tarde.