1. Main page (home) 500 500 500 500 500 400 400 400 400 400 300 300 300 300 300 200 200 200 200 200 100 100 100 100 100 West in 20 th Century Russia / USSR Cold War WWII WWI
2. WWI - 100 Points Question What strategy was used to fight the war on the Western Front?
3. WWI - 200 Points Question Identify three causes of WWI.
4. WWI - 300 Points Question Woodrow Wilson put together a plan for the Postwar World. What was his plan called?
5. WWI - 400 Points Question Identify three main points of the Treaty of Versailles.
6. WWI - 500 Points Question Russia decided to get out of WWI in 1918. Name the treaty that they signed with Germany which ceded vast amounts of Russian territory to Germany.
7. WWII - 100 Points Question This is the name of the Allied policy used in dealing with Hitler in the 1930s.
8. WWII - 200 Points Question What was the spark of WWII?
9. WWII - 300 Points Question List the two main Allied powers at the start of WWII.
10. WWII - 400 Points Question Identify two results of WWII.
11. WWII - 500 Points Question Identify two major turning point battles in the war. One was in the Pacific Theater and one in the European Theater.
12. Cold War - 100 Points Question Fill in the blank. In 1945, the British Prime Minister stated. “From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic, an _____________ has descended across the continent.”
13. Cold War - 200 Points Question What are two ways to fight a cold war?
14. Cold War - 300 Points Question This program was issued in 1948 by the U.S. government as a plan to give aid to recovering European nations.
15. Cold War - 400 Points Question Two similar alliances but on opposing sides formed between 1949 and 1956. What were the names of the alliances?
16. Cold War - 500 Points Question How did the Cold War come to an end in 1991?
17. Russia/USSR - 100 Points Question The type of art created in the Soviet Union designed to glorify the workers was known as…..
18. Russia/USSR - 200 Points Question Identify three causes of the Russian Revolution.
19. Russia/USSR - 300 Points Question What was the name of Stalin’s plan for agricultural development AND the name of his policy to develop industry?
20. Russia/USSR - 400 Points Question What was the term for Gorbachev’s plan of economic restructuring?
21. Russia/USSR - 500 Points Question Identify two ways that Stalin’s view of communism differed from that of Marx’s.
22. West in 20 th Cent.- 100 Points Question The European Economic Community formed in the 1950s and is now known as…
23. West in 20 th Cent.- 200 Points Question The fastest growing sector of the labor force in the West after WWII was…
24. West in 20 th Cent.- 300 Points Question After WWII, women such as Betty Friedan and Simone de Beauvoir paved the way for changes for women. Provide two examples of how women’s lives changed in the West.
25. West in 20 th Cent.- 400 Points Question Welfare programs were decreased in the 1970s and 1980s under the leadership of these two people – one from the U.S. and one from Great Britain.
26. West in 20 th Cent.- 500 Points Question Identify two social programs that would typically be found in a welfare state.