Transcript of "Liming research institute with daesung to jointly develop fluorine electronic gases"
Liming Research Institute with Daesung to jointly develop fluorine electronic gases
Tag: Fluorite; Cryolite; AHF; AIF3;R134a; R22; R410a; R32; R125; R290; HFO-1234yf; PTFE;
TFE; HFP; NF3
Summary: Liming Research Institute and Daesung signed an agreement to jointly develop the
first Chinese-foreign NF3 project. Furthermore, Liming Research Institute is responsible for
technology support and production, indicating that the domestic R&D capability of fluorine
electronic gases is witnessing increasing development.
On 22 Jan., 2014, Liming Research Institute of Chemical Industry (Liming Research Institute,
belongs to China National Chemical Corporation), announced that it had signed a cooperation
agreement with South Korea-based Daesung Industrial Gases Co., Ltd. (Daesung) on 21 Jan.,
2014. They would jointly establish a company named Luoyang Liming & Daesung Fluorine
Chemical Co., Ltd. (Liming & Daesung Fluorine Chemical). Of this, Liming Research Institute
and Dasesung will hold a share of 60% and 40% respectively, According to China Fluoride
Materials China Monthly Report 1402 issued by CCM.
The joint venture is located in Luoyang National New & High Tech Industry Development Zone,
to construct a 1,000 t/a nitrogen fluoride (NF3) with an investment of USD44.85 million. It is the
first Chinese-foreign NF3 project domestically. Liming & Daesung Fluorine Chemical will take
full advantage of the new electrolysis technology developed by Liming Research Institute,
which features with simple production process (only one step to produce NF3 ) and
controllable production cost. The project will be launched in H1 2014, and put into operation in
June 2015, with an estimated revenue of USD29.30 million.
NF3 produced in this project is mainly applied in semiconductor chips, flat-panel liquid-crystal
displays and photovoltaic cells. According to the Catalogue for the Guidance of Industry
Adjustment promulgated by the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) in
2011, it is one of the fluorine fine chemicals encouraged by the Chinese government. Also, it is
a necessity for the items emphasized in the 12th Five-year Plan—electronics, integrated circuit
and new chemical material.
Internationally, the consumption of NF3 has increased significantly by 20% annually in recent
three years, causing a relatively tight supply. Moreover, leading multinational electronics
enterprises like South Korea-based LG and SAMSUNG begin to establish their plants in China,
strengthening the domestic demand for NF3. An insider from Liming Research Institute
revealed that the capacity of NF3 would meet its estimated annual sales volume of 800-1,000
tonnes. It will claim about 30% market share in China and further be exported abroad.
It is of great significance for both Liming Research Institute and Daesung to jointly launch the
electronic gas project. For one thing, Liming Research Institute can achieve the
industrialization of fluorine electronic gas project by drawing support from Daesung in the
fields like strong asset support, varied sales channels, and advanced management and
operation mode. For another, Daesung can gain high-quality NF3 and maintain a stable
Incidentally, Liming Research Institute is a R&D institute under China Haohua Chemical Group
Co., Ltd. The institute focuses on the R&D of fluorine gas, of which NF3 reaches the
international advanced level. Daesung is a famous supplier of varied industrial gases in South
Korea with a strong distribution network, proving accessories for South Korea-owned
enterprises like LG, SAMSUNG and Hyundai Motor Group.
Table of Contents of China Fluoride Materials China Monthly Report 1402:
1. Yizhang Fluorine Chemical Industrial Park witnesses sound development
2. China's refrigerant industry expected to face many challenges in 2014
3. Do-Fluoride's lithium-enriched anhydrous aluminum project granted scientific-technological
achievement status in Henan Province
4. Fluoride salt’s ex-works price witnesses continuous uptrend in Jan. 2014
5. PTFE’s ex-works price rallies in Jan. 2014
6. Jiangsu Meilan increases input in construction of advanced fluorine-contained material
7. Shanghai 3F to further develop fluorine deep-processing business
8. Liming Research Institute with Daesung to jointly develop fluorine electronic gases
9. Zhejiang Province to accelerate the construction of fluorite resources comprehensive
utilization demonstration base in Suichang County
10. Juhua Group continues to increase its share in Zhejiang Juhua
11. Deyi New Material's record filling materials regarding a 5,000 t/a PVDF project approved by
12. Dongyangguang Fluorine starts the phase Ⅱconstruction of its 16,500 t/a fluoropolymer
13. Dongyue Group predicts its 2013 profit and revenue to decline by no more than 40%
14. Huanxin Fluoro intends to be listed on Shenzhen Stock Exchange in 2015
15. Ningbo Juhua and ZRCC to further strengthen their cooperation
16. Chenguang R.I.C.I's fluorine-silicone material project gains further governmental support
China Fluoride Materials Monthly Report, a monthly publication issued by CCM on 20
covers the sectors on policy & legislation, company dynamic, supply & demand, price update,
etc. of China’s fluoride material market. You can keep pace with the latest dynamics through its
timely, complete and professional report.
CCM is dedicated to market research in China, Asia-Pacific Rim and global market. With a
staff of more than 150 dedicated highly-educated professionals, CCM offers Market Data,
Analysis, Reports, Newsletters, Buyer-Trader Information, Import/Export Analysis, and
For more information, please visit http://www.cnchemicals.com.