SAT Vocabulary Practice
Laura Ospina 11B
- Definition: Not showing objects in a realistic way.
- Veronica painted an abstract picture similar to Picasso's masterpiece.
- Definition : accept something without protest.
- Sentence: Mrs. Carpenter acquiesced to Sara´s request to make up the quiz.
- Definition: Tell somebody that they have done something wrong.
- Sentence: Mrs. Carpenter admonished Camilo because of his behavior in her class.
- Definition: Enemy, opponent.
- Sentence: Jacob was Sandra's adversary in the contest.
- Definition: Person who speaks in favor of somebody or an idea.
- Sentence: Manu was an advocate in favor of the legalization of drugs.
- Definition: Showing agreement or declare that something is true.
- Sentence: Sandra´s affirmation about Gloria´s innocent was supported by all the class.
- Definition: Person who is caring about the needs of other people more than that they own.
- Sentence: Manu showed she was an altruistic person when she she gave all her money to charity.
- Definition: Having more than one meaning.
- Sentence: Paula was confused by the ambiguous instructions of the SAT.
- Definition: Having or showing both good and bad feelings.
- Sentence: Sara Acts in an ambivalent way when she thinks about English, which she hates.