90% Farmers in 1776 compared to less than 1% today – farm bill 3% of farmland in USA – grow fruits and vegetables – make up 80% of our diets.Most of us left with industrial food – boxed, packaged and canned – factory made
Salt, sugar and vinegar were among the first and used to preserve foods.In middle age preserved meats with salt In ancient times cloves on hams to prevent bacteria Egypt used spices, food colors during the warIn 1800 invention of machinery and refrigeration, canning etc
Carrageen – de-ice the plane wings during winter timesPropylene Glycol – anti- freeze Aspartame – 200 times sweetener – methanol- double obesity risk – MWS/Brain TumorSodium Aluminum Phosphate – combined aluminum (metal/foil wrapping), phosphate (rust remover, teeth whitening) & sodium hydroxide (soap, drain cleaner)Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) or “natural flavor” – flavor enhancer – salt – diabetes type 2 and obesity
After the first sugar refinery was established in England in 1544, the British became prodigious consumers of sugar relative to the rest of Europe, swilling down vast quantities of sweetened tea, rum punch, malt, and molasses spirits.Corn sweeteners didn’t make it into food until the 1920s. High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) wasn’t discovered until 1971. In 1982, when the cost of sugar imports jumped, it became cheaper to sweeten food/drink with domestic HFCS.Today, beet sugar provides about 30% of world granulated sugar.Today, high fructose corn syrup has prevalent use in the United States. It has replaced pure sugar as the main sweetener in most carbonated beverages, including Coca Cola and Pepsi products. It can also be found in cake mixes, cookies, sauces, breakfast cereals and commercial baked goods. Some companies still use pure cane sugar when feasible, but because the US government subsidizes much of the corn industry, high fructose corn syrup is often a cheaper alternative. In the United States, it's processed in specialized factories.The typical American consumes an astonishing 50-100 pounds of HFCS per year! Jump 10 TIMES! (than 100 years ago)while HFCS may help “preserve” processed foods, it does not help “preserve” us! Silent Killer – diabetes type 2, liver damages or obesity, high level of mercury and Hypertension and Elevated “Bad” Cholesterol LevelsA bushel of corn (70 lbs) can be converted to about 32 lbs. of high fructose corn syrup. How may cans of soda pop could be sweetened with that?Answer: 372 cans! A singe 12 ounce can of pop has 39 grams of Sugars, all from HFCS. 32 lbs is 14.5 Kg or 14,500 grams. Dividing 14,500 by 39 grams we get 372 cans. (equal around 3 TBs)
Hybrid Foods and GM Foods are not the same. Hybrid is based on similar genes while GM uses genes outside. Examplespeppermint is a naturally occurring hybrid. It is a cross between watermint and spearmint. Seedless fruits, such as watermelon and oranges, are the result of hybridization.All fruits and vegetables are hybrids, as they’ve undoubtedly changed over the last few thousand years. Hybrid fruits and vegetables are safe to consume.Genetically modified foods are an entirely different story. A genetically modified organism can be any plant, animal or microorganism which has been genetically altered using molecular genetics techniques such as gene cloning and protein engineering. In other words, genetic modification involves the actual altering of the organism at the genetic level.Genetic modification is used, for example, to add a pesticide into a plant.No nutritional values How old is food on the shelf? We don’t know what is inside food. LABELING!!!!!
Glyphosate, which is applied to make crops resistant to weeds, causes higher plant estrogen levels. Estrogen affects all mammals, including humans, and children are very susceptible to higher estrogen levels, which can be dangerous and pose long term health risks. Higher Fat Content In Some Foods This can create insect problems that can threaten the food supply and result in food shortages.Killing bees, mutant frogs, butterflies extinct, More diseases - MRSA
Sugar, No Fiber – Starving the body cells.
Have you ever flashed a toilet without water.? Cleanse colon and bladder. Filter and Elimination SystemToday 95% people have intensive tract problem. Why – Low Nutrient and too much sugar. No FiberBoxed, Packaged, Canned
Veg. and Nut are the same thing but vet. Excludes all meats including land and sea animals. While Nutritarian eat all kinds of meat.
Protein build, maintain and replace the tissues in the bodyShow audiences that vegetables have water.Demonstrate vegetables juices from Juicer.
Water Fiber FoodHigh Nutrition Food
No need to count calories, No need excess exercise, no need fiber or laxative. WATER FIBEhout wR FOOD.You cannot flush a toilet wit
1. SUPERFOOD IS YOUR BEST MEDICINE Presented by CM & Alice New England Deaf Women Conference October 20, 2012
3. UNHEALTHY FACTS1 to 3 kids obese TRIPLE!1 to 4 kids Pre-diabetics/ type 2Food allergy 2 to 4Overuse of antibiotics Ave. 10-20 shots
4. TRUST? US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Monsanto Pharmaceutical/Chemical/Biotech Food Processing
5. LOCAL FARM
6. WHAT ARE FOOD ADDITIVES? Not new idea Salt, Sugar and Vinegar Color, Texture, and Flavor Over 6,000 Food additivesOur Bodies Hold over 30 to 50% additives; Infants born with 10% additives
8. SUGAR IS A DRUGHigh Fructose Corn Syrup CHEAP, lower price Longer Shelf Life Fructose GlucoseIn 1900, Today,1 TB per 4.5 TBday per day
9. FROM HYBRIDIZATION TO GENETICALLYMODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMOS) GM Foods any plant, animal or any organism.
10. RISKS OF THE GMO OR GE Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH), the first GE No long term research or little information being skewed Insect resistance Unhealthy lands
11. LIST OF GMO FOODS
12. HIJACKING OF THEFOOD INDUSTRY… Our Taste Buds, Our Brains Our Bodies Our Hormones Our Kitchens and our Homes! “Why are we so fat? We enjoy one of the most luxurious lifestyles on Earth: Our food is plentiful. Our work is automated. Our leisure is effortless. And it’s killing us.” - Cathy Newman, National Geographic Senior Writer
13. AGENDAAlice  Worst Food/Junk Food  Nutrition Facts  Factors of Junk Food  Symptoms of Toxic Hunger  Nutritarian  ANDI Score  Factors of Superfood  High Nutritional Foods Benefits  Home Cooking