As a resident in the
Dormitory you are
expected to help us make
this a great place to live.
• Keep your dorm room clean and neat at all
• Keep yourself and your laundry clean.
• Keep your room free from bad smells.
• Keep the bathrooms clean and dry.
• Refrain from moving your dorm furniture.
We ask that you:
• Do not damage the walls.
• Do not use tape, nails, screws,
thumbtacks, or pushpins on the walls,
doors, furniture, ceiling, lights and
• You may use thumbtacks on the
• Respect others!
• You aren’t allowed to display
posters, pictures or paraphernalia
that may be offensive.
–This means no pornographic pictures
or posters displayed in the dorm.
• You only get one bed, wardrobe
• Even if you do not have a
roommate, you cannot take-up
the whole room.
You are only
responsible for your
half of the dorm
The good news:
• Your room will be inspected for cleanliness.
• Room inspections may be carried out any
day by any staff member.
• You do not have to be in your room during
• Room inspections are not announced over
1. Bed is made
2. Dirty clothes are stored properly
3. Clean clothes stored properly
4. Trash bags in the trash cans
5. Trash/food disposed of properly
6. Floor is swept
7. Bed linens are clean
8. Food is stored properly
9. Room is free from foul odor
10. Room decorated appropriately
11. Heater/air conditioner unit is free
12. Light fixture is free of items
13. Appliance rules are being
14. Furniture is dusted
15. Floor is mopped
16. Furniture is in appropriate places
17. Wardrobe is orderly and neat
18. Under the bed has been swept
Things We Look For During Room
• If you get all 18 things done your room will be rated
– If you are in a training program you can receive 6 training dollars.
• If you get at least 14 things done your room will be rated
– If you are in a training program you can receive 3 training dollars.
• If more than 4 of the 18 things have not been completed
your room is rated “Unsatisfactory” and you will receive a
Room Inspections Ratings
Be sure to leave your room
clean before you leave for
the weekend or longer.
• Curfew time is affected by whether or not you have privilege
• Curfew Rules:
– Curfew for being in your dorm room Sunday night through Thursday night is
– Curfew for being in your dorm room Friday nights, Saturday nights, and
holidays is 12:00 AM.
– Students with privilege status may stay up until 2:00 AM Fridays, Saturdays,
and other times designated by the Dean of Students.
– Honor Students do not have a curfew but must be in their dorm room for
• Quiet hours in the Dorm are 9:00 PM until 8:00 AM.
• Students are to go to their rooms and stay in their rooms from
curfew until 6:00 AM the next morning.
– You may leave the room to use the restrooms, get a drink of water, smoke
or go to the Medical Unit.
• Students may come downstairs to get snacks from the vending
machines after bed check is completed.
• Visiting other rooms, washing clothes, and taking showers is not
allowed after curfew.
Notes About Curfew
• You are responsible for the protection of your
own personal property.
• Valuables such as clothing, money, watches,
and jewelry should be in your possession at all
times, or locked in your wardrobe in your locked
• You are responsible for locking your own closet
and dorm room when you are away from it.
Loaning, giving or borrowing items
such as phones, phone chargers,
mp3 players, laptops, tablets,
cigarettes, hats, shoes or clothing is
• Mailboxes are located just out from the Dorm Desk.
• Unless you are only here for evaluation you will receive a mailbox
key to check your mailbox.
• If you lose your mailbox key you will be charged $20.00 to
replace the key.
• Incoming mail is usually placed in boxes by 3:00 PM Monday thru
• There is a box for outgoing mail on the wall next to the
• You must have a pass anytime you leave the Perkins Center
• You should get passes from your Perkins Center case manager.
• All passes must be turned into the Dorm Desk immediately.
• You must have privilege status, and your privilege card to access
the pass system.
• You must have a written pass to leave while classes are going
• You must sign in and out at the Dorm Desk.
• When you want to use your pass you must:
1. Turn in your dorm room and mailbox keys to receive your pass.
2. Tell the dorm staff if you will be out overnight (level IV only).
3. Take your pass with you.
• When you return to the Perkins Center you must:
1. Sign back in at the Dorm Desk immediately.
2. Turn your pass in to dorm staff.
3. Receive your keys.
• Rubber gloves for cleaning are available at the Dorm Desk.
• You can get clean linens and turn in your dirty linens at the Linen
Room Monday thru Friday from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM.
– The Linen Room is located off the hallway going down the left
side of the cafeteria.
– It is the last door on the right in that hallway.
– It is across from the Security Office.
• Washers and dryers are free to use at the Perkins Center.
• Personal hygiene is an important part of
• Please use appropriate personal hygiene
practices while you are at the Perkins
– This means bathing every day, using
deodorant, combing your hair, brushing your
teeth, and wearing clean clothes.
Feel free to ask Dorm Staff
or Security any questions
you may have.
This video was made for CDPVTC by Cassandra Burchett.