3. What is the differencebetween racism and xenophobia? Presented by: Chanel Collymore Kameron Powell
4. ArgumentRacism and xenophobia get confused as being the same thing. I believe that they are not the same and that there are reasons why xenophobic people seem to be racist to the public German Federal Archive. Bundesarchiv Bild 183-2008-0513-501, Königsberg, eye. Adolf Hitler.jpg. 1936. Photograph. Königsberg. Kameron Powell
5. Sources• BookSoyombo, O. "Xenophobia in Contemporary Society: A Sociological Analysis." IFE PsychologIA (2011): 87-106. Academic Search Complete. Web. 19 Nov. 2012.• ArticleOlowu, O. "Xenophobic Violence in South Africa: An International and Domestic Legal Perspective." IFE PsychologIA (2011): 301-23. Academic Search Complete. Web. 19 Nov. 2012.• WebsiteDonovan, Elizabeth. "The Color of Fear: Xenophobia and Racism in the Suburbs."Psychology Today. Youth and Tell, 6 June 2011. Web. 19 Nov. 2012. <http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/youth-and-tell/201106/the-color- fear-xenophobia-and-racism-in-the-suburbs>.
6. What are the psychologicalexplanations for xenophobia? Presented by: Adria Kameron Powell
7. ArgumentOne specific example of a psychological explanation for xenophobia is the sociobiological theory. Njr Za. South Africa-Xenophobia- 001.jpg. 2008. Photograph. Commons.wikimedi. Web. <http://commons.wikimedia.org/>.
8. Sources• BookBordeau, Jamie. Xenophobia: The Violence of Fear and Hate. New York: Rosen Pub., 2010.• ArticleOmoluabi, P. F. "Psychological Foundation of Xenophobia." IFE Psychologia (2011): 55-73. Academic Search Complete. Web. 19 Nov. 2012.• Website"Psychological Causes and Consequences of Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerances." Apa.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2012. <http://www.apa.org/pi/oema/programs/racism/un-conference- plenary.aspx>.
9. What is the relationship between theactions of the Ku Klux Klan and the definition of xenophobia? Presented by: Amber Arthurton
10. Argument• That the violentbehavior that theKu Klux Klandemonstrated was outof fear of people thatwere not like them.That they in factsuffered from the " Klu Klux Klan ." Library ofillness xenophobia. Congress Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2012. <http://www.loc.gov/pictures/ite m/npc2008010955/>.
11. Sources• BookSalmony, Steven E., and Richard Smoke. "The Appeal And Behavior Of The Ku Klux Klan In Object Relations Perspective." Terrorism 11.4 (1988): 247. Publisher Provided Full Text Searching File. Web. 7 Nov. 2012• ArticleHorowitz, David A. "The Normality Of Extremism: The Ku Klux Klan Revisited." Society 35.6 (1998): 71-77. Academic Search Complete. Web. 14 Nov. 2012.• Website"Southern Poverty Law Center." Ku Klux Klan. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Nov. 2012. http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence- files/ideology/ku-klux-klan
12. Source Evaluation• Took keywords from our research questions to find credible books, articles and websites.• Did research to see if the author was scholarly.• Searched to see if the source had references.• Made sure our citations were correct.
13. Picture Evaluation• Used http://commons.wikimedia.org to find our pictures.• Made sure the picture was useable.• Correctly cited the picture for our presentation.