1. metamorphosis (n.): a transformation or dramatic
HINT: morph-=to change
2. donnybrook (n.): a fight; an uproar
HINT: Donny and Brooke got into a fight.
3. nonchalant (adj.): unconcerned; indifferent
4. vestige (n): a trace or evidence of something that
HINT: A vest with fringes is a vestige of the 1970’s.
5. interlocutor (n.): someone who participates in a
HINT: Inter=between; loc=speech; -or=one who
6. procrustean (adj.): strictly disregarding individual
differences or circumstances
7. stygian (adj.): dark and forbidding
HINT: Someone who is stingy with money, might live in
a stygian house to keep the electricity bill low.
8. sophistry (n.): a deliberately deceptive or
9. carte blanche (n.): boundless authority
HINT: From the French phrase meaning blank paper;
(think blank check-you can write in any amount
that you choose)
10. incantation (n.): a chant; a recited magical spell
11. cosmopolitan (adj.): worldly; sophisticated
HINT: Metropolitan (city)
12. rife (adj.): abundant; prevalent
The rifle was rife with bullets.
13. nomenclature (n.): technical names or naming
system in an art or science
14. brigand (n.): a robber or bandit
15. contemptuous (adj.): haughty; scornful