1. Are You Making the Most ofFacebook?Presented by:Jonathan ArehartCAVENDO
2. AGENDA Social Media Revolution 2011 Video (3 minutes) Basics / Overview (20 minutes) Hands-On / Demo (20 minutes) Q&A (15 minutes)
3. Who am I? Jonathan Arehart Started CAVENDO, a web strategy and design firm Founded MyMediaRoom, an online media room and content distribution service
4. (REI Digital Media)
6. Facebook 101 in a Nutshell Create a page Add your logo (up to 200x600 pixels) Upload photos/videos
7. Facebook 101 in a Nutshell Create a welcome tab Build engagement Create a fan base Add your location (Facebook Place)
9. Who’s using Facebook? Over 800 million accounts More than 50% of those login… Everyday! On average, every user is connected to 80 pages/events/etc(Source: Facebook.com)
10. Knowing YOUR audience Poll your clients and existing offline “fans” Are they connected with you on Facebook already? What do they expect from you?
11. Knowing YOUR audience Consider all of your distribution channels (email, etc.) What time of the day or week is best? How should and could they interact with you?
12. The Elusive “Like”
14. Content plan Work from your existing marketing plan Think how you will “re-purpose” content Focus on Facebook’s rich media focus
15. Re-purposing content Example: New business location opening
16. BoringNEW BBQ SMOKEHOUSE COMING TO DOWNTOWN RICHMONDRICHMOND, Va. – March 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ben’s Smokehouse plans to open a new 5000 square foot location in downtown Richmond, Va… blah blah blah
17. Make it exciting! Make it an event! Literally (grand opening, previews, etc.) Figuratively (online – break it up!)