2. Review your role and responsibilities in lifelong learning Discuss the role of the teacher in motivating students Explore the college & course VLE
3. We require at least 80% attendance on the course – True or false? How many theory assignments do you need to do? When does the “roles, responsibilities and relationships” question need to be handed in? What should you fill in after every module?
5. Humanist psychologist Explained human nature in one simple model which represents 5 different levels and called Maslow’s Hierarchy of Need (1954)
6. Motivation, Motivation, Motivation Motivation is regarded by experienced and inexperienced teachers alike as a prerequisite for effective learning, and the greatest challenge that many teachers face is to make their students want to learn. - Geoff Petty- A practical Guide-Teaching Today
7. Intrinsic- comes from within- learning for own fulfillment- motivation with no apparent reward-study for own sake Extrinsic- external factors e.g. promotion at work