17. (so) Marketing =process to enter (stay) in the market social media =
18. And it is not theory!!!It’s KNOWLEDGE!!!
19. LETS GO TO tourism MKT Planning
20. Marketing plan?
21. Classic Tourism Marketing plan dilemmaPlan what we should offer to the potential visitor (services)? ORPlan how we could bring the potential visitor here?
22. Characteristics of the tourism product -Marketing + tourism + online= Product Leisure ? Price Experience Distribution Promotion Happiness Vacation  Customer FUN satisfaction by value creation Sea – sun – food
23. LeisureExperienceHappinessVacation FUNSea – sun – food
24. Tourism is more than an industry or a service, is an attitude, a life approach…• Lifetime experience• Once in a year• Family moment yearly• Happiness, relax, enjoy, fun• More & more demanding customer–dynamic Travel behaviour• Travel adopts technology very fast• ONLINE- NOW and mobile*• NOT CHEAP- PRICE is not to play with*
25. *3 tourism characteristics related to SM for our planning processfirst is tourism is a social phenomenon, a need that is being expressed with SMSecond most important travel information source is friends and familyThe third is that in social media you can easier control your advertisement cost for your target audience
26. Can we see that better please???
27. Hotel as a travel experience component• A hotel is just ONE component of the travel product (and not even the basic).• Hotel is like running a hospital and offer fun• Greece offers just BEDS, there is NO Hotel/stay product, few experiences• This is bad but also good as an opportunity• Greek hoteliers major weakness is distribution – tour operators- and for individuals SM could cover it• Where is the marketing? And the customer?
28. DESTINATION MKT PLAN MKT MIX MKTresearch Sales
29. Classic Tourism Marketing plan dilemmaPlan what we shall offer to the potential visitor (services)? ORPlan how we can bring him to our destination?
35. ΕΘΝΙΚΟΤΗΤΑ NATIONALITY ΤΟΥΡΙΣΤΩΝ%35 32,6302520 18,418,9 17,9 15,8 14,715 13,2 13,2 10,210 7,1 7,4 5,35 3,2 3,20 UK French German Greek Italian Spanish Nederlands Τουρίςτεσ Ολυμπίασ Επαγγελματίεσ Τουριςμοφ
36. Results …what that means ? Αυτοί είναι Οι επαγγελματίεσ οι Σουρίςτεσ Ολυμπίασ νομίηουν ότι είναι αυτοί Αλλά…
37. Τι σημαίνει αστό; British quickly mark out The French tourists their territory, fight off the •are most adventurous Germans trying to get to •less interested in their deckchairs and then shopping but… get the beers in (*). •less interactive and social All restaurants must be made to speak English and must serve English cuisine (if you can call it that).(*) Britains official travel and tourism guide
38. Results Outline The REAL Tourist of The PERCEIVED Tourist of Olympia OlympiaBritish FrenchFemale MaleYoung (19-39) Olderholds a university degree uneducatedmonthly income exceeds3.000 euros. Poorer that he really is.
39. The REAL Tourist of Olympia
40. The PERCEIVED Tourist of Olympia
41. The REAL Tourist of The PERCEIVED Tourist ofOlympia Olympia
42. Ok, NOW we know him (her)!Lets see how can we bring her hereWhat shall we offer her
43. StrategyHOW all these are translatedinto Actions ?
55. ΢υμπεράςματα1. (online/offline) Customer behavior comes first2. 3 things- Hotel is something, destination is something else, businesses are something else as well.3. YOU choose what is the best path for you to move- according to your CUSTOMER.4. Facebook (and social media) is a distribution channel –a MEDIUM- for YOU- and your content is your advertisement. YOU are your product advertiser. You need training to learn how to do it.5. Events are really important for your visitors & SM
64. -2 Planning and executing• First is RE-SEARCH online• Second is define your offline goal (money is not a goal, is the result)• Third plan carefully the online strategy (where we want to go  how) based on offline goals• Fourth execute with the proper tools• Fifth Play and learn with everything
65. -1 Think MKT wise!• Unfortunately few hoteliers LOVE their hotels…• Hotel management is not really efficient in Greece- it is a weakness (such as MKT) in the GT SWOT analysis since 2001• There is NO central planning in Greek Tourism Industry• In mkt distribution is the key- not price• In tourism experience is the value proposition and a good package is the sales proposition• A returning customer is better than a new one• Always remember  Customer is FIRST, not YOU