Recap Week 4 6/8/2013
- Industry codes and regulations
- National Law
- NQS and assessing in the workplace
Week 5 13/8/2013
• Awards outline the pay and conditions for the
workers covered by that award. Awards are
legally binding and are negotiated between
the unions, employers and Fair Work Australia
• You can visit their website and look up the
award you work under or any other award
Google: Fair Work Australia
Find an Award, Modern Award, Children’s Services
Using your iPads, type in FAIR WORK OMBUDSMAN to find the
necessary links to the awards for the children's services industry.
What did you find?
ACTIVITY 1 (cont)
Children's Services Award 2010
Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010
Clerks - Private Sector Award 2010
Cleaning Services Award 2010
Using your iPads, type in
1) FAIR WORK OMBUDSMAN – EMPLOYMENT- AGREEMENTS
2) FAIR WORK OMBUDSMAN – EMPLOYMENT- NES
….to find the necessary information regarding work place
agreements for the children's services industry.
What did you find out? Discuss.
ACTIVITY 3 – Working in groups of 3
Using the knowledge you have gained from the last 2 sessions
today, each group is to role play one scenario each in relation to
the awards/unions/industrial relations. Suggested ideas are 1) Being dismissed from work due to....?
2) Concerns about your hours of pay – what you are receiving is
less than what have worked....
3) You are working with a co-worker who has exactly the same
qualification as you, yet she takes charge of the room and is on