2. The Magna CartaThe Magna Carta was written for EnglandIt was written June 1215It gave them rules to follow. It took most power fromthe kings.It gave the Monarchy rules to follow rather thanthem being all powerful
3. Glorious RevolutionIt took place in englandKing William of Orange and MaryEnglish Bill of Rights
4. The English Bill of RightsIt was written after the GloriousRevolutionThe English Bill of Rights was written toensure the power of Parliament. It keptKings from having too much control.
5. Enlightenment“The Age of Enlightenment (or simply the Enlightenment or Age of Reason) wasan elite cultural movement of intellectuals in 18th century Europe that sought tomobilize the power of reason in order to reform society and advance knowledge. Itpromoted intellectual interchange and opposed intolerance and abuses in Churchand state” (Wikipedia, 2011)1650-1700It was a large advancement in knowledge
6. Charles-Louis MontesquieuHe was from FranceHe came up with theseparation of powers
7. John LockeHe was from Wrington,Somerset, England1632-1704We are all born withrights that no one cantake from us
8. Jean Jacques RousseauHe was from Geneva1712-1778Social Contract, a book inspired fromthe revolutions in England
9. Thomas JeffersonFrom Shadwell, VirginiaWrote the Declaration of IndependenceSome people weren’t entitled to own landbut all were entitled to be happy