Travelling with your friends is awesome and we want to help youmake this easier. We really believe in promoting sustainabletourism, to have fun while respecting local communities and theenvironment. ● GroupandTravel
● The Big Idea● The Market Opportunity● The Prototype● Face to Face Interviews ● Agenda
●We are fans of our friends, we love the world, and we enjoy travelling. What else do you need to start an adventure? GroupandTravel!●The mission of Groupandtravel is to offer an alternative way of booking and organizing trips. It has two main objectives: ●Provide a tool to organize group friendly trips ● Provide and Promote a sustainable travel ensuring to the traveler an amazing and convenient experience●Are we sure about the choices● The we plan aIdea we do when Big trip? How can I select dates that are convenient for my friends? How can
Let’s start with a short survey on travel habits! 33% of the respondents go 5 times or more on a group holiday in a typical yearThe respondents travel mostly in groups forSki holidays (82%), City breaks (64%) andRoadtrips (27%)
92% of the respondents said that they travel usually with friendsPeople may select more than one checkbox, so percentagesmay add up to more than 100% 92% of the respondents use emails to plan their group holidays and 67% organize face to face meetingsAre people satisfied with these planning options?“No, it is very difficult to plan over email - weusually end up making huge spreadsheets andcomplicated documents to track all of our People may select more than one checkbox, so percentagestraveling logistics!” may add up to more than 100%
● Tourism is directly responsible for 5% of global Gross Domestic Product (GDP), 30% of the world’s services exports and one in every twelve jobs.● According to UNWTO forecasts, "Tourism Towards 2030 - Global Overview" (2011), international tourist arrivals worldwide are set to reach 1.8 billion by 2030, compared to 940 million in 2010. Whereas in 1980, Europes share was amounting to 63% of the total number of international tourist arrivals, its share decreased to 51% in 2010 and is set to further decrease down to 41% by 2030. ● The Opportunity
● The analysis undertaken for this study has singled out a number of clear challenges lying ahead for the EU tourism industry, which will need to be addressed if the industry is to realise the high-level ambition set for it. These challenges derive, on the one hand, from the current structure of the tourism industry and the framework in which it operates and, on the other hand, from expected changes in society with an impact on tourism demand: the so-called ‘megatrends’. Eight such ‘megatrends’ have been identified: ● Megatrend 1: Globalisation ● Megatrend 2: Demographic change ● Megatrend 3: Access to information ● Megatrend 4: Experience economy ● Megatrend 5: Customisation ● Megatrend 6: Sustainability ● Megatrend 7: Health and wellness ● Megatrend 8: Low cost business models ● The Opportunity
● Group travelling is a segment that has been so far neglected by the tourism industry. Group trips are a common form of travelling but require complicated logistics. There is a need to simplify the planning process and to serve the growing demand for group travelling.● Tourism is a key sustainability challenge. Our team believes that the growing engagement of tourists in terms of social and environment responsibility, by evaluating and selecting different travel options, will be the main drive of sustainable tourism. Resource based instead of market led, sustainability means authenticity and the local offer should not be changed just to please tourists. ● The Opportunity
The user can add friends to the trip project. All the members of the project can then select options from the offer panel on the right.
For example the user can click on the hotel section, enterthe dates of the stay and select a hotel depending on the price, the standard and the sustainability rating.
Once the team has selected (or directly booked) a list of proposals (hotel, activities, transport) an overall sustainability rating is assigned to the trip.
For more information please visit:http://groupandtravel.zxq.net/index.pdfWe hope you enjoyed our prototype, don’t hesitateto give us feedback at email@example.com
We performed several face to face interviews to evaluate ourproposition and to understand how to improve it.Here a couple of examples... ● Face to face interviews
● When talking about the project and presenting the idea, we found many of the interviewed were really fascinated by the concept of sustainability. They showed a strong interest for the platform and they would be happy to use it. ● Those of them who were more "computer friendly" were able to understand the prototype, while others needed some additional instructions. We are not sure if this is due to the low fidelity prototype, but we will see if we can create a simpler user experience. ● Also, we found out that the word "Sustainability", can be quite dangerous. We have the impression that sometimes it is wrongly associated with "more expensive", "bad service" and "boring". ● Only after giving some example (e.g. choosing a run family business instead of a big 3000 rooms resort on the beach) they acknowledged their interests. So a clear definition of what we promote is something to work on. ● Also we received many questions about the "sustainability rating", some of which we could find any answer, so again… something to work on. ● Overall, despite the early stage of the project, people seemed to understand the concept and gave very useful opinion on many things to improve. We hope your opinion will be the next one! ● Lessons Learned