1. Monetising Content Aligning your content strategy with your conversion objectives for superior ROI.
2. About This PresentationToday I’ll share 6 great tips for monetising your content withsome useful stats and examples.Questions are welcome at the end.Slides will be available on SlideShare later today.Come see us at booth #50 or tweet us @castlefordmedia.
3. Driving Sales With Quality Content Content Search Social Email
4. Driving Sales With Quality Content Content For Search• 92% of marketers say content marketing is effective for SEO• Quality content will help your conversion pages get found• 25% of consumers research on their phones while shopping Content For Social• 27 million pieces of content are shared across the web daily• 60% of industry messages shared on social mention brands• Strong link between social endorsements and purchase intent
5. Driving Sales With Quality Content
6. 6 tips for monetising your content1. Define your online conversions2. Optimise for the right keywords3. Mine your customer data4. Hire skilled content writers5. Share content where it counts6. Put content in the context of conversions
7. 1. Define your online conversionsWhat do you want your content to achieve? Social shares? | Newsletter sign-ups? | White paper downloads? | Better search rankings? | More organic traffic?
8. 1. Define your online conversionsWhat is the conversion goal of your website?• Form completion• Purchase• Download premium content• Request a demo or a free trial• Newsletter or RSS subscription• Telephone enquiry
9. 1. Define your online conversions Set up Google Analytics goals to track your conversions617 . 206 . 3040 http://www.brafton.com
10. 2. Optimise for the right keywords “[Google] is trying to figure out synonyms, vocabulary and stemming so that people don‟t have to know exactly the right word for what they‟re trying to find … and search engine optimisation is the way to help people find what they‟re looking for via search engines.” Matt Cutts Start with some keywords related to your products or services Use “related phrases” and “include / exclude” tabs and similar functions to hone your keyword research AdWords competition gives some Check out the global and insight into the organic search local search volumes competitionConsider related terms, theirrespective search volumes andcompetitiveness 617 . 206 . 3040 http://www.brafton.com
11. 2. Optimise for the right keywords Take a look at who is buying traffic on this keyword Rate the pages ranking organically for this keyword
12. 3. Mine your customer data• What do your customers want?• What questions do they ask?• How do they describe your products and services?Content Challenges (marketers)...36% Producing engaging content97% Wowing prospects with compelling info
13. 3. Mine your customer dataKeywords – do they have good relevance andvolume; are they sending you traffic; do they driveconversions?Your Site – what are people searching for? Whatquestions do they ask? How do they rate yourcontent?Social Media – where is your target audience active?What do they talk about? What do they share?
14. 3. Mine your customer data Dell.com creates content around popular questions
15. 3. Mine your customer dataXbox.com encourages users to rate solutions and „how-to‟ content Dell.com creates content around popular questions
16. 3. Mine your customer data Aussies run 2.4 million “how to” searches on YouTube every month
17. 3. Mine your customer data Find industry fan pages to Search for relevant monitor Facebook conversations keywords on Twitter617 . 206 . 3040 http://www.brafton.com
18. 3. Mine your customer data Find industry fan pages to Search for relevant monitor Facebook conversations keywords on Twitter Look for content ideas on Q&A sites617 . 206 . 3040 http://www.brafton.com
19. 4. Hire skilled content writers Appropriate style, tone and voice Relevant and engaging topics Search and social friendly Aligned with conversion objectives Required volume for freshness Producing Engaging Content Producing Enough Content Budget to Produce Content Lack of C-Level Buy-In Producing a Variety of Content No Answer
20. 4. Hire skilled content writers 52 of the top monthly conversion paths start and / or end with articles from a professional content provider Only 8 include the company blog617 . 206 . 3040 http://www.brafton.com
21. 5. Share content where it counts What are your niche networks?
22. 6. Put your conversions in context
23. 6. Put your conversions in context
24. 6. Put your conversions in context INBOUND LEADS! This article was the No.1 driver of form completions in the week it was posted First conversion came within an hour of publishing
25. 6. Put your conversions in context Calls to action should be…• Relevant and consistent with the content• Prominently positioned• Simple and quick to complete
26. 6 tips for monetising your content1. Define your online conversions2. Optimise for the right keywords3. Mine your customer data4. Hire skilled content writers5. Share content where it counts6. Put content in the context of conversions
27. Bookmarks Interactive Annual Global Study 2012, Fleishman-Hillard and Harris What is Content Marketing, Content Marketing Institute Marketers’ Benchmarks 2011, Focus Market Research 2012 Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends, Content Marketing Institute The 2012 State of Inbound Marketing, Hubspot Google urges brands to invest in how-to videos, Castleford Blog IKEA expands content marketing with YouTube channel, CMI Blog
28. About CastlefordCustom news, blogs and evergreen content for websites andsocial email@example.comCome see us at booth #50.