1. The Business of Blogging.Cassie Boorn & Jessica Gottlieb
2. The Many Ways to Work with Brands
3. Product Reviews
5. Press Junkets
6. Sponsored Posts
8. Integrated Campaigns
10. Myths• If a brand “doesn’t have budget” they must not want to work with you• If you write about a brand for free, you will never get compensated
11. Creating a Strategy for Your Blog• How much money do you want to make?• What kind of brands do you want to work with?• How do you want to work with them?• How many brands do you want to work with?• How much do you charge?
13. Understand who you are talking to• PR• Advertising• In-house• Blogger network
14. How Brands Plan Programs• Create a plan• Sell it In• Activate it• All about incremental money
15. Pitching Brands• How to
16. What to charge• Deciding what to charge• Negotiating a rate
17. Creating a Sponsorship Deck
18. Why do you need one?• Show you are professional• Stay top of mind
19. Title Page
20. Jessica@JessicaGottlieb.com 818.486.9363
21. About Page
22. Jessica Gottlieb is a Los Angeles based award-winning blogger,writer and speaker. She has been featured on NPR, Forbes, The NewYork Times, Dr. Phil and many more national media outlets.Jessica is a featured panelist on Momversation and a highly soughtafter speaker. Jessica has spoken at BlogWorld, the 140 conference,Girls in Tech, Social Media Club, Bloggy Bootcamp and more.
23. In 2008 Cassie Boorn launched herpersonal blog CassieBoorn.com whereshe shares glimpses of her daily life andinsights on social media, Philosophy andany other topics she feels insightful on.In 2010 Cassie launched a project onher blog asking women to write lettersto their twenty-something self. Thisproject landed Cassie on NPR, The NewYork Times and a collection of nationaland regional media outlets. Cassiewrites a weekly column at She Posts onthe business of blogging.
24. Things to rememberYour Bio:• Who are you?• What do you write about?• What makes you different?• What makes you special?Your Image:• Your image needs to brand ready• Your image needs to be large• Your image needs to be professional
25. bio’s“I lead social innovation at Twitter, Inc. and moonlight as an author,speaker and globe trotter. I wrote Twitter for Good. I write here aboutbusiness, marketing, and being a force for good -- at Twitter andbeyond.” –Claire Diaz Ortiz“Penelope Trunk founded Brazen Careerist and two other startups. Hercareer advice runs in 200 newspapers. She lives on a farm in Wisconsinand homeschools her sons.” –Penelope Trunk“Im a freelance journalist. Im a Forbes blogger, and Ive written forNewsweek, Details, Harpers Bazaar, Salon, Slate, The Daily Beast,Variety, The LA Weekly, TheAtlantic.com, Esquire.com, and The SanFrancisco Chronicle. In 2008, TIME.com named me one of the bestbloggers of the year. Ive appeared on Politically Incorrect, CNN, andNPR.” –Susannah Breslin
27. Numbers• Unique visitors• Page views• Subscribers• Bounce rate• Klout Score• Twitter• Facebook• Youtube• Google +• Interesting search results• Newsletter subscribers• Facebook groups• Other outlets you write for
32. How We Can Work Together• An outline of how brands can work with you• Other brands you have worked with• Recommendations
33. How can we work together?Jessica works with brands to create custom sponsorshipsthat both resonate with Jessica’s audience and allowthe brand to meet their objectives.Suggested partnerships include but are not limited to: – Sponsored posts and/or video – “#Hashtagged” Twitter events – Launch parties – Blogger outreach and gatherings – On site advertising (banner or text ads)Jessica only works with brands she loves. Here are a few past partners:
34. Blog ConferenceTitle sponsorship—100k• Exclusive lunch sponsor• Cocktail party sponsor• Newsletter spotlight• Sidebar advertising on conference website• Top line branding on conference site and signage• Gift bag inclusion• Expo SpacePresenting sponsorship—75k• Cocktail party sponsor• Newsletter spotlight• Sidebar advertising Insert conference images &• Branding on conference site and signage• Gift bag inclusion logo• Expo spaceOfficial sponsorship—30k• Expo space• Newsletter spotlight• Branding on conference site and signage• Gift bag inclusionCocktail party sponsorship—30k• Cocktail party sponsor• Gift bag inclusion• Branding on conference site and signageSuite sponsor--$15k• Suite sponsor• Gift bag inclusion• Branding on conference site and signage
35. Blog ConferenceAla Carte:Expo Center Sponsorship--$5kSwag Bag sponsorship--$500 Insert conference images & logo
36. Personal Brand• Freelance Writing• Speaking• Content Creation• Community management
37. Contact Me
38. Contact Jessica GottliebJessica@JessicaGottlieb.com 15021 Ventura Blvd Suite 325 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 818.486.9363
39. Case Studies• Objective• The campaign• Results
40. Wrap-up Reports• Objective• Campaign• Results• Key learnings or result
41. Customize Pitches• Why the brand is a good fit• The idea• Goal
42. Case Study: Fiat Road TestIn November of 2011 Jessica was asked to drive a GucciFiat for four days.In addition to almost 20,000 direct clicks on two relatedposts, Jessica’s review is the #1 Google Search for “GucciFiat Review” and in the top 3 results for related searches.The post lived on Jessica’s home page for five days, whichwould account for another 100,000-200,000 page views.The accompanying YouTube video is the fourth Googlevideo result for The term “Gucci Fiat”.Jessica is a online powerhouse with the ability to elevateyour brand .