2. WHAT IS GOOGLE DOCS?• Web 2.0 Tool• 4 Productivity Tools o Word Processing o Spreadsheet o Presentation o Drawing o Forms (surveys or quizzes)• Share or Collaborate• Online Storage of any file type• Think of MS Office…but online, and FREE!
3. WHY USE GOOGLE DOCS• Access your files from anywhere• Share in the work load• Show complete writing process – revision history• Upload and Download files in various formats• Platform is not important (no Mac vs PC)• Create a collaborative environment o Asynchronous o Synchronous• It’s FREE
4. Google Docs vs Google DriveDocs refers to the web-based Drive is a single place to manage alleditors to create, edit, and your files, including Google Docs.share Google documents, Think of Google Drive as yourspreadsheets, presentations, personal stash of files and foldersdrawings, and forms. that follows you wherever you go - it lets you keep everything and shareThese online documents are anything. Access files, folders, andtightly integrated with other Google Docs from a web browser orGoogle Apps services and any device where youve installedprovide very powerful real-time your Google Drive.collaboration features. You can use Google Drive to store all file types, including documents, presentations, music, photos, and videos.
5. Docs Looks Like….
6. Drive Looks Like….Take advantage of Drive bydownloading Google Driveto your hard drive. You canthen access all your docsoffline.
7. Accessing Google Docs Offline Once you install Google Drive on your hard drive, you will have a folder where all your files will be synced. Adding your existing documents to Google Drive is as easy as dragging a file to a folder.
8. GOOGLE DOCS ENVIRONMENT Create new content or upload existing content Change Settings & ViewsFolders to help organize Docs you have created or that are shared with you
9. WHAT CAN YOU DO? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Sort files1 – Share selected files2 – Create a new folder to organize your files3 – Delete selected files4 – Preview a selected file without opening it5 – More… effects selected files6 – Sort your documents7 – View your documents in list or icon view8 – Settings for your documents account
10. CREATING A NEW DOCUMENT Create content from scratch by clicking the Create button. Upload content from an existing file by clicking on the Upload button Click on From template to access thousands of templates.
11. NEW WORD PROCESSING & SPREADSHEET Click here to name your fileNotice your menus look similar to the menus in popular productivity toolsTIP: No need to click SAVE…your files are auto-saved
12. DOWNLOADING A DOCUMENT: WORDPROCESSING When you choose Download As…from the File menu, you can choose from a variety of file choices to export your document.
13. DOWNLOADING A DOCUMENT:SPREADSHEET NOTE: Forms results are stored in a spreadsheet document, so the download options are the same.
14. DOWNLOADING A DOCUMENT:PRESENTATION & DRAWING Drawing Presentation
15. UPLOADING A DOCUMENT Using Google Drive, you can upload files by simply dragging them from a folder on your hard drive to the Google Drive folder From inside Google Drive, click on the Upload button. You can upload a single file, multiple files or an entire folder of files.
16. SHARING A DOCUMENTFrom the Docs Home: 1. Click on the doc you want to share 2. Choose the Share option from the More menuFrom Inside a Document: • Click on the Share button • Choose an option
17. INVITE PEOPLE See who already has access Allow invitees permissions Share web link withthose who have access Choose access level Add by email address
18. WHAT THE EMAIL LOOKS LIKE When someone shares a Google Doc with you, you receive an email that looks like this You can click on the link to open the document from inside your email or go to your Google Drive to see the document.
19. EMAIL AS AN ATTACHMENT You can also share a document through your File menu •Click Share •Click Email as attachment
20. PUBLISH DOCUMENTS TO THE WEB1. Choose Publish to the web from the File menu2. Control your publishing & click Start Publishing
21. PUBLISH DOCUMENTS TO THE WEB1. Share link2. Embed into your web page3. Publish on a social site
22. PRINTING A DOCUMENTDo NOT use your browsers print option…this will printall external information and waste paper. DO use the print icon from your File menu or the main Formatting menu
23. WORKING WITH FORMS Types of questions or input See the Results of your survey Change the Theme of your survey
24. WORKING WITH FORMS – THE QUESTIONS
25. WORKING WITH FORMS – THE QUESTIONS
26. WORKING WITH FORMS – THE QUESTIONS
27. WORKING WITH FORMS – THE QUESTIONS
28. USING FORMS – COLLECTING RESPONSES 1 21. E m a i l 3 f o r m2. E m