1. Essentials ofWebsite Design Michael Carnell - Director The Palmetto Technology Hub On Twitter At @carnellm and @scpath
2. The Essential Elements1. Immediate Impact2. Simplicity3. The Z Pattern4. Clear font and color choices5. Answer the Question - What are you looking for?
3. Immediate Impact
5. The Z Pattern
6. Clear Font Choices
7. Answer The Question!
8. Not So Good....
10. It Hurts!
11. Colors? Motion?
12. You Can Break Rules
13. But Not Too Many
14. But Be Careful ....
15. Let’s Help Them!
16. Rules for the New Age
17. The Rest of the Top 10Consider your visitor’s browserNo Flash or other restrictive pluginsClear, easy-to-find contact informationProofread, proofread, proofreadPay attention to speed
18. Consider The BrowserResolutionCapabilitiesPlatform
19. No Flash! Please ...Is usually mis-used (PSU)Does not display on iPads andmany other devicesCan be done with HTMLHas actually beendiscontinued for all mobileplatforms!
20. Contact InformationEasy to findMultiple methodsof contact If we had a physical location we would have a map too.
21. Proofread and AgainHave someone else check yourspelling and grammarEspecially check your contactinformationProfessionals lookprofessionalCheck all your links too
22. Pay Attention To SpeedImages add interest, but too many or toobig will slow down a page (JanuaryPATH training!)Tools to let you see what is slowing downyour page http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/Think about yourself - do you stay on asite that is too slow
23. Thanks For Coming!
24. Michael CarnellMichael@MichaelCarnell.comTwitter @carnellmwww.DesignTechWeb.com
25. Palmetto Technology Hubwww.PalmettoTechnologyHub.orgPlease sign up for our monthly newsletter Put in helpdesk tickets for your needs Free training EVERY month! April 10 is on Email Newsletters by Holly Fisher Please register soon!