He is at the door.
We use at to show a specific time, place or position.
We use in to show that something is
enclosed or surrounded.
The dog is in the
They are in
We also use in to show position
within land-areas (towns, states,
countries, and continents).
We use on to show position on a horizontal
or vertical surface.
The cat sat on the table
The baby was born Monday.
The baby was born July.
The baby was born 2:00 am
I work 8:30 am 6pmfrom to
I teach English 8:00 pm Monday.at on
Where is the apple?
The apple is_____________
Where are the grapes?
Where are the books?
Where is the cat?
Prepositions of Place
1) The cat is ________ the table
2) There’s a big tree ________ the
3) The plane if flying _______ the
4) She’s standing __________ the
5) The movie theater is _________ the
6) He’s sitting _________ the phone
7) The calendar is __________ the
8 ) The cabinet is ________ the sink.
9) There are some shoes _________
10) The plant is _________ the piano.
11) Paul is sitting _________ Anna.
12) In Japan people drive ________