• Cars, buses, lorries and motorbikes move on roads and
• Roads have one lane going in each direction
• Motorways have two or more lanes.
• Trains travel between towns and
cities, and even between countries.
• They stop at stations.
• Some trains can carry goods.
• In some cities there are trains which
travel under the ground. They are called
• Trains move on railways lines which are
made of metal.
SHIPS AND BOATS
• Ships and boats sail in oceans, seas, rivers and lakes.
• Ships leave and pick up passengers or goods.
• Boats can be specifically made for some activities like
fishing or sailing.
• Ships and boats refuel and are repaired in ports.
• The lighthouse shows ships where the coast is.
• Passengers embark at the wharf.
• Planes fly along special paths in the air
• They drop off and pick up passengers or goods in airports.
• They refuel and are reapaired there too.
TAKEOFF LANDING RUNWAY
CHECK IN FLY PICK UP
CONTROL TOWER PILOT LUGGAGE
PUBLIC or PRIVATE?
• In a town or city, people use public or private
means of transport.