2. Monsanto Company “We are a world leader in agriculture.When farmers succeed, we succeed.Using the tools of modern biologyaffirm our commitment to agricultureand farmers who feed, clothe andenergize our world in constantgrowth.”
3. Monsanto Corn Rats fed lifelong with Monsanto GM maizeor exposed through drinking water to itsbest selling fertilizer Roundup, sufferedmultiple damages and tumors in theirbodies and organs, according to a Frenchstudy. Gilles-Eric Seralini, of the Caen’sUniversity was the leader on this study
4.  The rats suffered mammary tumorsand severe damage to liver andkidneys. The study was published in thejournal Food and ChemicalToxicology and presented at a pressconference in London.
5. Significantly, one of these varieties(MON 810) grown in Uruguay since2004 and that another (NK603) wasrecently approved by the "NationalBiosafety Cabinet" composed of a setof ministries and authorities includingthe Ministry of Public Health.
6. The research results were reported inearly December by the Committee forIndependent Research and Informationon Genetic Engineering(CRIIGEN), based inCaen, France, one of the organizationsthat participated in the analysis.
7. Expectations Reality
8. Consecuences The Frenchman Jose Bove, vice presidentof the Agriculture Committee of theEuropean Parliament and knownopponent of GMOs, requested theimmediate suspension of all crops andimport authorizations of geneticallymodified crops in the European Union(EU) Russia temporarily suspended the importof GM maize from Monsanto