2. Social Networking Outlook for the land of Trapani. A New Model of Social and Economic Development
3. The Idea: <ul><li>The idea is to develop, diffuse and promote a series of contents connected to the resources and sectors economically important in the Province of Trapani, through the use of modern forms of multimedial communication. </li></ul><ul><li>Later the different types of multimedial contents, with the use of internet, will be the object of discussion, sharing, exchange of experiences, information and knowledge between the users of the network. </li></ul>
4. The Project: <ul><li>The project provides the creation of a website of “Social Networking” multi thematic in which different types of users, community, enterprises or local institutions of the Province of Trapani interact with private or public individuals who live abroad. </li></ul><ul><li>The users thanks to the “Social Network” can activate continuously acquaintances relating to their social needs, identity needs and the need to belong to a virtual community. </li></ul><ul><li>With an increasing number of members from the “Social Network” the opportunities of social and economic growth of the territory is possible. </li></ul>
5. The Aims: <ul><li>Realize a website as “Social Networking” which will represent the digital platform for sharing and exchanging multimedial contents between all the users that will join the “Networking Community of the Province of Trapani”. </li></ul><ul><li>Optimize the quantity and quality of the contents that will be the object of discussion in the network using tools of “Knowledge Management”. </li></ul><ul><li>Promote the knowledge’s dissemination in specific sectors so to stimulate the creation of new products and services that can be used in the local territory. </li></ul>
6. The Aims: <ul><li>Identify possible opportunities of development for the territory, generated from the numerous social interactions between on-line and off-line network users. </li></ul><ul><li>Favour new future collaborative relationships between university, local and foreign research institutes. </li></ul><ul><li>Promote exchange of know-how between local and foreign firms to increase labour mobility, foreign investment’s attraction and the internationalization of little and medium firms. </li></ul><ul><li>Activate relationships or create joint venture with foreign network. </li></ul>
7. The Innovation Why a Social Network?
8. Use of Social Network in Italy <ul><li>Forrester Research: Social Network Italian users = 19 million (March 2008) </li></ul>25 Build professional relations 57 Look at other people’s spaces 47 Keep in touch with friends and relatives 61 Express their views or interests 25 Good way to keep up to date 49 Meet new people % Why use social network
9. Use of Social Network in Italy <ul><li>Forrester Research:Social Network Italian Users = 19 million (March 2008) </li></ul>7 Once every two weeks 15 Once a week 38 Sometimes a week 40 Every day % Frequency of use
10. The New Trend of Communication ?
11. The Era of Conversation <ul><li>The enterprises discover a new way to doing marketing, partecipating in on-line conversation. </li></ul><ul><li>The advertisements give way to views. </li></ul><ul><li>The word of mouth amplifies the effects through new forms of communication(one to one,many to many,few to few) </li></ul><ul><li>To communicate new tools are used: blog, forum, RSS, instant messenger, video etc. </li></ul><ul><li>The members of the community become contents producers (User Generated Content) </li></ul>
12. From W.O.M. To W.O.W. Word of mouth Word of web Off-line On-line The meeting place?
13. The Social Network People Enterprises Institutions Associations And Organizations Universities and Research Institutes Social Network
14. The 5 Must of Social Networking <ul><li>Locate groups of people who share the same interests. </li></ul><ul><li>Identify what are the arguments that satisfy more needs of individuals/groups of users. </li></ul><ul><li>Build trust and loyalty towards community members. </li></ul><ul><li>Planning integrate interventions on-line and off-line to improve the quality of the services supplied . </li></ul><ul><li>Check the quality of the contents exchanged on the network and measure the results obtained. </li></ul>
15. The new Generation of Consumers <ul><li>Consumers are beginning in a </li></ul><ul><li>very real sense to own our </li></ul><ul><li>brands and participate in </li></ul><ul><li>their creation … We need to </li></ul><ul><li>begin to learn to let go. </li></ul><ul><li>A.G. Lafley, CEO and Chairman of Procter&Gamble, October 2006 </li></ul>
16. Thanks for Yours attention Dr. Calogero Caruso [email_address]