Who are we?
We are a group of 10 people from technology, agriculture, agribusiness, and event backgrounds
that are interested in bringing agriculture to the next level with technology and innovation. We have
the support of the company, Startup.vn, which will be our representative, and the World Economic
Forum’s Global Shapers Ho Chi Minh city, which is our organizing partner. We are currently seeking
more partners or advisors who are interested in merging agriculture and technology.
Project plan and timeline:
• April to July: Agriculture research - Our team will research
agriculture and technology in Vietnam in several categories
including, but not limited to: application of technology in
agriculture in Vietnam and abroad, current problems in agriculture
in Vietnam and abroad, potential technology solutions for
agriculture in Vietnam and abroad
• July to August: release research in form of videos, blog posts,
• July to September: secure sponsors, ﬁnalize venue, and event
• September to November: run the operations
• November to December: link groups, teams, and products to
• Increase the use
developers to a
Agriculture accounts for over 20% of
Vietnam's GDP. It accounts 60 to 70% of
the labor force of Vietnam. IT is also a huge
growing industry in Vietnam. It accounts for
more than 17-20% of Vietnam's GDP and
continues to impact the future of Vietnam's
economy. IT also connects Vietnam to the
This combination has garnered the attention
of multiple organizations across Vietnam
from the Ministry of Science and Technology,
the World Bank, companies, and other non-
proﬁts. It is clear that the need and interest
is there. We believe that this project will be a
strong connector between two of Vietnam's
most promising and important industries.
• 15 projects that result from the project that actually make it into
the incubation stage (with 15 backup projects)
• Produce 5 videos, 10 blog posts, and documentation that are
viewed by thousands of interested parties and stakeholders.
• Introduce engineers to a new industry that they are not familiar
with. Engineers who exist more in the consumer tech space,
down to the ground of agriculture where they can create
• Create an information platform and community for people to
come together and improve agriculture.
• Linking “early adopters”, in the form of agriculture ﬁrms,
distribution companies, and farms, with agriculture technology
made in Vietnam
• Agriculture companies
• Organizations interested in
improving or innovating agriculture
• Engineers (hardware and software)
• Business people interested in
• We will research about the real
problems that agriculture is
currently facing and produce
potential technology solutions that
can be implemented.
• We will run a large one-month long
hackathon that will run for one
month, based on our research and
• Projects resulting from the
hackathon will be connected to
accelerators, investors, and
strategic investment companies to
grow the projects further.
- Solve problems that farmers currently face
- Bring positive beneﬁts that increase value, quality and
- Reduce waste and unnecessary investment
For the society:
- Create a platform for people to create a collaborate for
agriculture of Vietnam
- Bring up the quality and agriculture and engineering
ecosystem of Vietnam. Using technology in agriculture.
- Bring new theories and ideas
For the entire project:
- Encourage the use of technology in agriculture
- Encourage the idea that agriculture is one of the strongest
industries and can grow considerably with the use of
technology, which will effect quality, production, etc.
We have already contacted several of the potential partners and advisors in this list. Some have expressed a keen
interest and support for our project. We will involve more potential partners after this proposal has been circulated.
Government Organizations: Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Agriculture, Association of Agriculture
Universities: Dai Hoc Can Tho, Dai Hoc An Giang, Dai Hoc Quoc Gia, Dai Hoc Quoc Te, Dai Hoc Tu Nhien, Dai
Hoc Nong Lam,
Agriculture and Supply Chain Companies: Masan, Kinh Do, Trung Nguyen, TH Milk, Highlands, La Vie, etc.
Technology Companies: Microsoft, IBM, Samsung, etc.
We will provide a full Partner Proposal in July, depending on the level of interest and commitment of each potential
Do Anh-Minh, project lead