2. Idea 1• Recipe card based around meals thatcan be made quickly and easily ( maybe20 minutes or less ? )• Could be aimed at the working man orwoman.• Recipe card would have title at thetop, followed by ingredientsneeded, with a decent sized picture inthe middle, with Nutritional valuesunderneath the picture.• The back of the card would show asmaller picture of the finished productalong with the instructions on how tomake it.• The card would be a green colour withthe instructions and ingredients beingwritten in black text with outlinedblack boxes to give a neater finish.• Cards would be laminated to preventthem from getting damaged in thekitchen.TITLEingredients____________________________________________________________LARGE PICTURENutritional Values______________________________________________________
3. Feedback 1What do you like about the idea?I like the whole concept of appealing to the working class woman/man. This would enable theseries of cards to appeal to a wider audience rather than only a specific group. I also like the ideaof the meals only taking 20 minutes, this would be suitable for people with fast paced jobs orfamilies with children at school that want to have a good breakfast in the morning but find it hardto fit it into their schedules due to the lack of time. Another feature I like is the colourscheme, the use of green can be as been representational of the vegetarian lifestyle e.g.natural, healthy.What areas of the idea could be developed?It would be good to include a estimated amount of time for each step so that a reader can planquickly and be reassured constantly that they will finish the meal in time. I also think that thecards could include ideas for children’s lunchboxes or quick snacks to take with you to work onyour break.What do you find interesting about the idea?I find the nutritional values featured in the card interesting, this would appeal to people maybethinking about changing their diet plan or just wanting to eat more healthy. It’s also moreconvenient that the values are featured on the card rather than the reader having to look for thisinformation themselves.
4. Idea 2• Theme could be based aroundvegetarianism for beginners• The recipe card itself would be an offwhite/cream colour with black font.• The card would contain one small imageof the finished product on the frontalongside all of the ingredients neededand their nutritional values.• The back of the card would then havestep by step instructions, includingdiagrams to help people learn how toprepare the meals correctly.• I will use polite formal language but willissue encouraging messages throughoute.g. cut the tomato as thin as youcan, this will make the person preparingthe meal feel like there is no perfect wayto make it so they are no doing it wrong.( whoever reads that, I worded itterribly, but I know what I mean : (TITLEIngredients___________________________________________________________________________Nutritional Values_____________________________________________________________________Finished product image
5. Feedback 2What do you like about the idea?I like the written language featured in the card, it is formal but not necessarily as informative.“Cut the tomato as thinly as you can.” may only be minimal but is a reassuring sentence tosomeone who is an apprentice to cooking and cannot always achieve perfect result. I also like thecolour scheme, the classic off white and black combination give a modern, contemporary look sothat the card will look clean and no heavily jumbled, making it difficult to understand forbeginners.What areas of the idea could be developed?I think there could be more photographs included, for example a picture or a modeldemonstrating one of the methods. The model must resemble the traditional working classindividual, not heavily made up or posing in a constructed manner that would not seembelievable.What do you find interesting about the idea?I find the concept of including diagrams interesting and it can sometimes be more appealing to anaudience to have a combination of both photographs and illustrations – it appeals in a morepersonal manner with the reader and is also more convenient for beginners being able to mimicthe diagrams rather than figure it out for themselves.
6. Idea 3• Vegetarian menu aimed at children under10.• The recipe card itself could be cut into ashape that children will enjoy, for example apepper or another vegetable or it could beset out like a piece of lined paper whichwould which children could relate tothrough school.• I would make the recipe card up based onthe primary colour palette –red, green, blue.• In the top corner of the recipe card therewill be a speech bubble or note of some sortthat tells the parent what part of the mealthe child can help prepare, this adds anelement of excitement for the child aschildren love to help with things.• Front page will contain large image withingredients listed.• Back page will include instructions and somefun facts about the meal that they havemade, possibly about ingredients used andwhere they are from etc.TITLELARGE IMAGEIngredients_______________________________________________________________Child canhelp with______________________________
7. Feedback 3What do you like about the idea?I like the concept of the layout of the card been in the shape of an element of food seen in thevegetarian diet. It would be interesting and more appealing to a younger audience to seedifferent shapes and colours rather than the same layout each time, featuring primary andsecondary colours and basic shapes can be useful in terms of educational purposes as a child canrelate to and respond to the different shapes and colours through what they have learnt inschool.What areas of the idea could be developed?I think a character or some sort of theme could be included to make the process more fun andenjoyable, for example including animals that are also vegetarian can be an interesting feature –children also often respond to receiving information and instructions from a friendly, inviting faceas it makes the whole process more relaxed.What do you find interesting about the idea?I find the layout interesting, there is a lot more going on, on one side rather than the informationbeen equally spread across both sides of the card. Often this feature can appear confusing tounderstand for children but including the large scale picture may reduce the confusion.
8. Idea 4• Theme could be based around vegetarianand vegan deserts.• Create a variety of desserts that can beeaten by a vegetarian but on the back willlist a range of alternative ingredients tomake the deserts suitable for vegans.• Front of the card will have a full page imageof the finished product and what it shouldlook like.• The back page will hold all of theinformation to do with ingredients and howto create the finished product.• In the bottom of the front of the card a linecould be left for a die cut version of thecompanies logo with a tagline/motto.
9. Feedback 4What do you like about the idea?I like the idea of this been based around desserts, often it can be difficult to tackle what tohave for dessert whilst stick in the guidelines of the vegetarian lifestyle. I also like the ideaof featuring alternative ingredients as sometimes it can be restrictive as to what ingredientsare available to individuals in their local area.What areas of the idea could be developed?I think you could experiment with innovative designs, such as different layouts and fonts. Ialso think you can include different methods as well as alternative ingredients.What do you find interesting about the idea?I find the concept of cramming all the methods and ingredients onto one side of the pageinteresting instead of equally spreading it. But the large scale photograph spread across oneside of the page can be useful for a reader to quickly flip the card over and look at the finalresult and work from that.
10. Idea 5• Vegetarian meals from around the world.• The recipe card would feature one dishusing vegetarian friendly products fromnumerous different countries.• The recipe card would have the flag of thecountry of origin of the meals/ingredientsin the top corner of the card.• The back page would include facts aboutthe ingredients/meals/country so that itcan be a learning experience.• The front page would include a large imageof the finished product and will have a listof the ingredients and nutritional values onthe bottom• Card could be varnished to give a glossyfinish.
11. Feedback 5What do you like about the idea?I like the idea of featuring meals from around the world, this can appeal to awider scale audience from different cultures rather than just one. It wouldalso appeal to readers wanting to experiment in the kitchen rather thansticking to the simple methods.What areas of the idea could be developed?I think that there could be a specific theme for each culture, for instancebright oranges and reds for Indian or Chinese meals.What do you find interesting about the idea?
12. Summary of FeedbackWhat do you agree with from your feedback?After reviewing the feedback that I was given I have come to the conclusion that I do agree with the majority of it. Most of the ideas were small things thatcould be changed that would help me to better my product. For my first project I wanted to create recipe cards for the working man/woman that wouldallow them to make meals that would be ready fast in order to accommodate their busy lifestyles. My partner made the suggestion to include estimatedcooking times on the steps and the overall meal, which is a small addition that will make my card look more professional. Also adding the possible inclusionof childrens snacks to the recipe cards was a great idea as it could be for the busy parents who need to create a quick healthy snack for their child.My second idea was based around people who are new to vegetarianism. My feedback said that I should think about including an image of a personenjoying or making the meal, which will make it more relatable to the person cooking the meal. This is another small addition that I would definitelyconsider putting into my final project.The third set of cards I came up with was based around the idea of vegetarian meals for children under the age of 10. my feedback suggested possiblyadding a character that the child could relate to on the recipe cards. I feel that this is a great idea and it has been proven to work in the past with things likecereal characters e.g. Tony The Tiger, Coco The Monkey and Snap, Crackle and Pop. Adding this aspect will entertain the child whilst the parent is preparingthe meal. I also want to expand on my own idea of adding the section in the corner telling the parent what the child can help with. I feel that should be akey point on the card and maybe deserves a slightly bigger section. I also think that I should maybe add some fun facts about the meals on the cardsomewhere, to make the recipe cards educational as well.The 4th idea I had was a set of recipe cards purely based around vegetarian and vegan desserts. I wanted to progress this idea as I think that it creates adifferent angle than what other people will be trying to achieve. I feel that I definitely could make the font, layout and style of the card better, I didn’t reallyput too much thought into those aspects at first. I now realise that making the card look inviting as well as including all the relevant information is also veryimportant. I am also no longer sure about using a full size image on the front of the card. As my feedback suggested, cramming all the information on to oneside of the card may make it a little daunting for people, especially If they are just looking to make a quick dessert. So perhaps the inclusion of some of thewriting on the front of the card as well and possibly a smaller image of the finished product on the back of the card would help to make this idea as good asit possibly can be.What do you disagree with from your feedback?
13. Idea EvaluationWhich idea that you came up with is your favourite and why?My favourite idea that I came up with was definitely my first idea I feel that itdefinitely had the most simplistic layout that allowed us to show the most amount ofinformation.There is still space for an image which is what people want. I may incorporate otherideas that I have come up with into my first idea to help make it as good as it canpossibly be.Which idea, that your team came up with, is your favourite and why?My favourite idea that we came up with as a team was jess, idea number 3. It wasaimed at children and incorporated the fact that the adult would be cooking the foodbut the children could still help. Promoting a family lifestyle.It also included fun facts on the card for example where the food came from or howthey would grow the food. The intention here was to keep the children busy so thatthe parent could cook without being bothered.