Thank you everyone for you time. My name is Kang Ping Lin. It is a pleasure for me to be here to present to you the importance of using home use handheld devices, especially ECG, to monitor your health and heart on a regular basis. This is one of the major health trend now. As I will show in the following slides.
Kang-Ping Lin Dept. of Electrical Engineering Chung-Yuan Christian University Handheld ECG A new step in Home care
Currently, government, research institutes and private organizations are supporting projects that are developing innovative
- Simple Home Use Medical Devices
- Remote Health Service System
- New Wellness Service Model
The above projects leverage on the advanced IT, electronic and medical management experiences in Taiwan
Creating a successful health & service model for implementation locally and internationally
Importance of Monitoring Heart Function Problems: Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) is the second leading cause of death in the world, right behind cancer. There is no simple way to monitor heart function (ECG) easily except in hospital because traditional ECG require technicians to perform while Holters and event recorders are an inconvenience. They are only recording for a short term. It is difficult for users to monitor their ECG for a long term because there is no home use ECG tool available.
New device and tool to monitor ECG easily
Server System to collect data for long term wellness management
A more convenient medium for users and physicians to
Telemonitoring and e-Health Service EKG Health Care
Handheld ECG and its Applications Case A Case B
Handheld ECG and its Applications Case A Case B Normal subject Workaholic
Applications: Telemonitoring JMS, Japan : Many private health service providers only offers blood pressure, glucose meter, weight, etc as they are widely available in the market. Accurate, portable, easy to use personal ECG recorder is required to upgrade their current service system.
Handheld ECG and its Applications Applications : For Doctor For User Arrhythmia Control Drug evaluation Off-hospital monitoring Screening Health Management Health Prevention Prevention and Wellness Management
DEVICE: A handheld ECG device is developed successfully for that allows recording of ECG data by any user without the help of professional technicians
2. SYSTEM: A workable remote monitoring of heart function is achieved through the portable ECG device and IT management structure
3. BUSINESS: Many health care providers have now implemented ECG into their system. Their business scope has increased significantly due to the additional data. It allows physicians have the most critical data on heart and thus tighten the bond between physician-patient relationship.
4. PREVENTIVE MEDICINE: With the availability of handheld ECG to complete the monitoring system, health care providers and physicians can more effectively execute preventive medicine on heart problems.