Alumni Awards Ceremony
UA Alumni Association honors the 2013 Alumni of the Year
Let's Spice this Up!
Our objective is to help the Alumni Association with making
next year’s awards better than the last.
● We suggest that more students are invited to the
○ Recommend: Several students from each college could be picked by
their college's dean to attend the event.
● We propose the Alumni Association highlights and
publicizes their winners more productively
○ Recommend: having winners somehow involved in Homecoming
Activities by exposing them at the Homecoming football game and
introducing the public to their achievements
1. assess transportation needs for non-local residents
○ shuttle service runs every 15 minutes
2. offer incentives
○ goodie bags containing alum gear
○ redeemable at ceremony with proof of ticket
3. media kit
○ press release, magazine article, targeted media list
4. powerpoint of distinguished alumni at ceremony
○ biographical information, pictures from college
How will we do this?
● Print Advertising Campaign
○ The Daily Wildcat and The Arizona Daily Star
● Television Advertising Campaign
○ KGUN TV, Telemundo, and KVOA TV
● Radio Advertising Campaign
○ KQTH FM and KNST AM
● Social Media Advertising Campaign
○ Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Linkedin
● Will announce and feature one or more of the most
notable Alumni Award Winners.
● The release will give a brief overview of the Alumni's
background at the UA, career path and current
relationship with the UA and Tucson.
● To highlight the most exciting recipient of the Alumni
● Will discuss the prominence that the Alumni attained
in his or her field.
● Also will describe their relationship with the UA and
why they are a notable Wildcat for Life.
● The targeted media identifies all of the relevant and
major radio, print and TV news outlets in Tucson that
we will work to secure coverage in.
● Strategic media coverage in terms of news outlet and
time frame will increase publicity around the Alumni
Awards Ceremony and the notable award recipients.
Targeted Media List
● age range of 31 to 49 years
● Bachelor level degree graduates specifically (in regards to alumni versus
● Past years attendees have mostly been under 30 years of age and those
50 and older (UAAA Membership and Profile Survey: January 2013).
● Alumni that hold a graduate degree or higher accreditation are more
likely to attend (UAAA Membership and Profile Survey: January 2013).
Measuring the effectiveness of information dissemination and the efficiency
with which it produced audience awareness of the Alumni Association’s
Day-After Recall Surveys
● To evaluate the effectiveness of media materials the Alumni
Association should continue to use "...systematic measures of
success... such as survey research” (Watson, 2012).
Pre and Post Surveys
● To efficiently measure audience attitudes and satisfaction
with the Awards Ceremony event itself, these types of
surveys have been documented as beneficial to data
evaluation as media analysis is “enhanced by the introduction
of computerized content analysis based on keywords or key
phrases” (Watson, 2012).
● The University Of Arizona Alumni Awards ceremony needs more
recognition and publicity.
○ Exposing winners at the homecoming football game.
○ Several students from each college picked by their Dean to attend
● To achieve these recommendations, we will...
○ Assess the transportation needs of the possible attendees.
○ Offer incentives at local hotels.
○ Create an ad campaign to promote the event through local media
structured to the specified target audience.
To Sum It All Up...