By : Cahya Fitria Wijayanti INDI MA EXE CAT TERI RCIS OR ALS ES
CONVERSATION KIND OF JOBS
No Job Work Place Responsibility1 A Teacher School Teach Student2 A Doctor Hospital Treat Patient3 A Civil Servant Government Office Serve People4 An Actor/Actrees TV Station Entertain People5 A Police Officer Police Station Solve Crimes6 A Postman Post Office Deliver Letters7 A Farmer Fields Grow Rice8 A Sailor Ship Work in a ship9 A Secretary Office Type letters10 A Waitress Restaurant Serve Food11 A Mechanic Garage Fix Car
CONVERSATION KIND OF HOBBIES
Ida : Stamp-collecting is yourhobby, isn’t it?Doni : Yes. I like collecting stamps. Ryan : Volleyball is your hobby, isn’t it? Ali : No, it isn’t. Ryan : So, what’s your hobby? Ali : Badminton. I like playing badminton.
Painting : MelukisReading : MembacaJogging : JogingSwimming : BerenangDancing : MenariSinging : MenyanyiCollecting stamps : MengoleksiperangkoPlaying football : Bermain sepak bolaPlaying volleyball : Bermain voliPlaying badminton : Bermain bulu tangkis
Simple presentFigurative and Continousmeanings tense ‘before verbs’ Adverbs of frequency ‘after be’
Subject Adverb Verb PhraseTatang Never Cheats in exams.Ronald Often Reads the newspaper in the morning.Does he Always Come to class on time.
Subject ‘Be’ Adverb ComplementAnis Is Always Happy.Tinton Is Often Late.Is Tatang - Never Absent?
Purpose The purpose of descriptive text is describing something. GENERALSTRUCTURE EXAMPLE
Shanti is a radio presenter. She Identification has a very tight schedule. DescriptionShe gets up at 5 and she has rice and boiled egg forbreakfast. At 6 she leaves home for school. Afterschool, she works. She presents School Profileprogram in EOS. She works for two hours. After workshe plays games or chats on the internet. Surfing onthe internet and playing games are her hobbies. Inthe evening, she studies. She goes to bed at 9.30 p.m.
Camping is a hobby of people of different ages. They usually go camping on weekends or holidays. They live outside their house for one or more days. They bring food, clothesCamping and other daily needs with them. They often bring some cooking untensils and cook their own food. They spend several days, or even weeks in a tent. They do a lot of activities, like fishing, swimming, watching birds and wildlife, and playing games.
1 10 2 9 3 8 45 7 6
1. Leycia : May I know your job? Dean : Sure. I am a police. Leycia : So, what do you do as a police? a. Solve crimes. b. Teach students. c. Treat patients. d. Deliver letters.
2. My father delivers letters every morning. He is a...a. Doctorb. Teacherc. Studentd. Postman
a. I don’t think so.b. I hope so.c. You’re right.d. I disagree with you. 3. Alan : Global warming is a serious problem for many people. Riana : .........., we should have to keep the Earth from global warming right now.
a. A writer. b. A reader. c. A speaker. d. A dancer.4. I go to library to read a book everyday. I likereading novel and comic. The most favorite bookwhich I ever read is Harry Potter. I want to create agood book like that.So, I want to be.......
5. My name is Barly. I (be) fourteenyears old.The correct verb is..... a. Am. b. Was. c. Been. d. Have.
6. She is coming when I (cook). She always (come) to my house every evening. I don’t like it.a. Was cook, coming.b. Was cooking, come.c. Cooked, came.d. Am cooking, come.
a. Play badminton. b. Playing badminton. c. Played badminton. d. Player badminton.7. Lin Dan is a badminton athlete fromChina. He is very great athlete. He is themost my favorite badminton athlete. Helikes.......so he can be like that.
8. I have a new friend from abroad. She comes fromEngland. Her name is Michelle. She is a very beautiful girl.She has blue eyes, long straight blonde hair, and bright skin.She is very friendly. I like her so much.What the information can you get from the text? a. Michelle comes from England. b. England is a beautiful country. c. My new friend, Michelle. d. Michelle is a very beautiful and friendly girl.
9. 1. Fishing is my hobby. 2. I usually fishing in the river every week with my father. 3. Although fishing needs many time to do, but I alwayslike fishing. 4. I also go to fishing with my friends every holiday. Rearrange the text above into a good paragraph! a. 1-2-3-4. b. 1-3-2-4. c. 2-1-4-3. d. 1-2-4-3.
10.1. My house has 6 rooms.2. They are living room, two bedrooms, a kitchen,a bathroom, and a garage. 3. I have a house. 4. I feel comfortable in my house.Which paragraph that is an identification? a. Paragraph number 1. b. Paragraph number 2. c. Paragraph number 3. d. Paragraph number 4.
Adverb of frequency can also be inthe form of phrases (e.g : threetimes a day, once a week). They areplaced at the end of a sentence.E.g : He comes here twice a week.