Before we get started – why are you here?Let’s go around the room to see what kinds of businesses you have and the types of problems.
1. Marketing on Autopilot Susan Prince August 30, 2012
2. About Susan Susan Prince  President and founder of Cadence Marketing  10 years working with small to medium sized businesses  We provide marketing strategy and design services  More than just marketing, we have the creative ideas you need to take your business to the next level.
3. Marketing at a typical SmallBusinessToo little moneyToo little time
4. Common Pitfalls You’re either doing the work Or You’re doing marketingMarketing doesn’t have to beeither or – you can focus onwork while marketing runsin the background
5. Marketing works A little planning A little technology Results
6. Marketing on Autopilot Make marketing work for you…  4 Simple Steps:  1. Have something to say  2. Set your schedule  3. Chose your technology  4. Load your content and let it run
7. Have something to say Marketing is a conversation. You have a reason to talk to your customers and prospects  Promotions  Tips  Your news and events  Industry news  People love photos Think about what you want to say
8. Set your schedule Get a calendar How far out in advance can you plan? Think about the whole year At a minimum, think 1 month in advance  Plan promotions  Editorial calendar (i.e., blog posts)
9. The goal is to stay in touchwith your customer How often? It depends. On you and your customers. Don’t over commit (i.e., the “monthly newsletter that goes out 5 times a year) Don’t make a pest of yourself Somewhere between once a week and 4 times a year.
10. Combine what you know witha little creativity You need to figure out what’s going to work for you.1. Who is your target?2. What are you doing now?3. What’s working?4. What’s not? Evaluate the options and decide which tactics will work for you.
11. Time vs. MoneyThink about where you want to spend your time and money Cost/Contact TimeSocial Media Free HighEmail Marketing Low MediumBlogging Low MediumPR Medium MediumDirect Mail Medium MediumPromotional Events Medium MediumTradeshows High HighAdvertising High Low
12. Chose your technology Think about streamlining  Which tactics can we automate? Social Media Blog Posts Email Marketing
13. Focus on the main players Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+
14. How can you automate SocialMedia? Use Social Media scheduling tools  Hootsuite (www.hootsuite.com)  Tweetdeck (www.tweetdeck.com Pre-schedule your content. Create a spreadsheet of posts with dates and times to load ahead of time. Hubspot has a great template and tutorial: http://bit.ly/OkLMCm The world will never will know you’re not sitting at your computer.
15.  Social Media Dashboard – can see every social media platform at one time Load bulk posts at one time Pick and choose which platform to post. All or some.
16. Blog Posts Word Press Blogger Blog at least twice/month Promote through social media
17. Drip Campaigns – Nurtureleads Set up a series of emails that go out on a scheduled interval to keep cold prospects warm and to convert hot ones into customers. Email marketing:  Constant Contact  Vertical Response
18. Web Autoresponders What happens when someone contacts you through your website? The time to market to someone is when they are interested in you!
19. Marketing Iterations Do not set it and forget it! Make sure to throw in some “live” posts – respond to what’s going on in your world. Marketing requires regular evaluation Schedule time once a quarter to review where your new business is coming from
20. Building Relationships Your biggest source of business will come from existing customers – either as repeat business or as referrals. Use automated marketing to strengthen relationships and generate more business.
21. Congratulations!You now know everything to put your marketing on autopilot! You’re now ready for takeoff!
22. Follow-up Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.Susan PrincePresidentCadence Marketing22 W. Jefferson St., Suite 405Rockville, MD 20850www.cadencemarketing.com301.340.2520Follow me on Twitter @CadenceMarketBecome a fan on Facebook @Cadence Marketing