Consultancy service is a service where expert advice are
provided in the areas of business interests such as security
(electronic or physical), management, accountancy, law
(tax law, in particular), human resources, marketing (and
public relations), finance, engineering, construction and
many other specialized fields.
TYPES OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES
•Marketing Consulting/Strategy Consulting
•Consulting in Politics and the Public Sector
•Corporate Finance & Financial Advisory
•Human Resources Consulting
•Real Estate Consulting
Human Resources Consulting
• HR Consulting Pvt Ltd is a professionally managed Human Resources
Organization head quartered at Hyderabad.
• networked members of the management drawn from various Industries like
Manufacturing, IT, IT enabled Services, Telecom, Banking, Consumer
Services etc both from HR domain and also other domain functions thus
giving OPTIMUS HR a unique perspective & knowledge Of each industry .
• Founded in 1926,
• A.T. Kearney is one of the oldest names in the business.
• A privately owned firm headquartered in Chicago,
• Apart from Management / Strategy Consulting, it also has
some presence in Technology and Operations Consulting.
• Industry / Focus: Management Consulting
• Size: ~3,000 employees, $1 billion in revenue (2011, estimated)
• Offices: ~60 offices in 39 countries, 2 offices in India
• Hiring: Most of their hiring is done from Top B schools in the
US. In India, they recruit from the IIMs and ISB.
Real Estate Consulting
• Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated is a professional services and
investment management company specializing in real estate.
• Global headquarters are located in Chicago, Sub-headquarters operate
in London and Singapore
• services include agency leasing, capital markets, tenant
representation, real estate investment banking / merchant banking,
property management, corporate finance, facilities management or
outsourcing, hotel advisory, project and development management /
construction, energy and sustainability services, valuations, value
recovery and receivership services, consulting and investment
• Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is an information technology
(IT) service provider offering business solutions, and
outsourcing services. TCS as per 2008 Forbes Global 2000 list,
is ranked #927 in 2013 its rank is 636
TCS, a Tata Group company, offers business consultancy and IT
enabled services to clients in India and abroad through its
redoubtable ‘global network delivery model’. Tata Consultancy
Services employs over 120,000 qualified IT professionals spread
over 42 nations.
7Ps in TCS
Provides: TCS Enterprise Solutions improve operational efficiency and help you
transform your business, empowering you to take advantage of emerging
opportunities and market changes more quickly. From IT strategy and
transformation to enterprise-wide software applications, we optimize
technology and business processes.
Prices for Enterprise Solution are very flexible as per the client requirements. In
dept analysis is required to find out the exact solution for business. And after
such analysis the TCS charges after calculating the required Human
TCS being the IT Company has its own developed website :http://www.tcs.com
Also TCS sponsors Events such as Mumbai Marathon and endorses Indian
Premier League Rajasthan Royal Team. TCS has makes more promotional
efforts on Global Platform to attract Foreign Clients like GE, ABN Ambro
Bank etc. But lately due to recession of US and now followed by Europe
crisis TCS is taking good effort to promote itself in India and acquire local
clients like ICICI bank, SBI Bank, Mumbai Municipal Corporation etc.
TCS has its main office located in Mumbai Nariman Point. It has its offshore
development centers for foreign clients in cities such as Mumbai, Chennai,
Bangalore, Delhi, Pune etc.
• People :
TCS calls its employees as Associates. These associates strive to understand
the client requirements and work on providing enterprise solutions. It is most
important for the people working in TCS to understand the client business
model as good or some times more than what clients understand about its
• Physical evidence:
As TCS is engaged in Business to Business services, it doesn’t have too much
of physical evidence displayed as other services but following logo if TCS is
displayed during IPL on Rajasthan Royal team uniform and events conducted
In TCS processes from acquiring a client, providing business solution and
support services are welled fined. TCS encourages its associates to get 6
Sigma Certification and adhere to 6 sigma methodologies while providing
solution to its clients.
ROLES OF TCS IN INDIAN AS WELL AS
INTERNJATIONAL ECONOMY :-
• 1968 to 2000
• Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) was founded in 1968 as a division
of Tata Sons Limited. Its early contracts included providing punched
card services to sister company TISCO (now Tata Steel), working on an Inter-
Branch Reconciliation System for the Central Bank of India, and providing
bureau services to Unit Trust of India.
• In 1975, TCS conducted its first campus interviews, held at IISc, Bangalore.
The recruits comprised 12 Indian Institutes of Technology graduates and
three IISc graduates, who became the first TCS employees to enter a formal
graduate trainee programs.
• In 1979, TCS delivered an electronic depository and trading system called
SECOM for the Swiss company SIS SegaInterSettle. TCS followed this up with
System X for the Canadian Depository System and automating
the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.TCS associated with a Swiss partner,
TKS Teknosoft, which it later acquired.
• In 1981, TCS established India's first dedicated software research and
development centre, the Tata Research Development and Design Centre
(TRDDC) in Pune. In 1985 TCS established India's first client-dedicated
offshore development centre, set up for client Tandem.
• In the early 1990s the Indian IT outsourcing industry grew rapidly due to
the Y2K bug and the launch of a unified European currency, Euro. TCS
created the factory model for Y2K conversion and developed software tools,
which automated the conversion process and enabled third-party developer
and client implementation.
• 2000 to present
• By 2004, TCS's e-business activities were generating over US$500
million in annual revenues.
• On 25 August 2004 TCS became a publicly listed company.
• In 2005 TCS became the first India-based IT services company to
enter the bioinformatics market.
• In 2006 TCS designed an ERP system for the Indian Railway
Catering and Tourism Corporation.
• In 2008 TCS undertook an internal restructuring exercise which aimed to
increase the company's agility.
• TCS entered the small and medium enterprises market for the first time in
2011, with cloud-based offerings. On the last trading day of 2011, TCS
overtook RIL to achieve the highest market capitalization of any India-based
• In the 2011/12 fiscal year TCS achieved annual revenues of over US$10 billion
for the first time.
• In May 2013 TCS bagged a Six Year contract from DoP worth over 1100 crore