Today you can use MySQL in several clouds in what is considered using it as a service, a database as a service (DBaaS). Learn the differences, the access methods, and the level of control you have for the various cloud offerings including:
- Amazon RDS
- Google Cloud SQL
- HPCloud DBaaS
- Rackspace Openstack DBaaS
The administration tools and ideologies behind it are completely different, and you are in a "locked-down" environment. Some considerations include:
* Different backup strategies
* Planning for multiple data centres for availability
* Where do you host your application?
* How do you get the most performance out of the solution?
* What does this all cost?
Questions like this will be demystified in the talk.
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.