NSCS at Trinity University: Meeting Minutes, Sept 9, 2013Presentation Transcript
NSCS at Trinity University
September 9, 2013
Over 250 current members
◦ 83 new members who will be inducted this fall!
Silver Star Status
◦ Go for Gold Star Status this year as a chapter
New Member Engagement Coordinator
◦ Priya Mohan (as of today!)
Assistant Professor, Modern Languages and
“I had a ponytail
until the 6th
“I love to go
Sugar Land, TX
“This summer I
went to San
Francisco, CA and
Colleyville, TX (in
between Dallas and
“I hate cheesecake”
West Chester, PA
“I have two
awesome dogs, a
If interested, please send me an
email and I will get you an
Deadline: September 20th, by
◦ Attend meetings: 1pt
◦ NSCS service event: 3 pts
◦ NSCS fellowship event: 1 pt
◦ Induction Ceremony: 2 pts
Earn 10 points by the end of the semester
and become eligible for prizes!
◦ Gift cards, NSCS swag, graduation honor cords (for
seniors) and more!
Limited number offered as free giveaways for
attendance at Induction Ceremony!
◦ And if you still wanted a shirt, would you pay $5?
Answer from meeting: Yes!
Look for a poll on the Facebook page to sign up as
interested in a t-shirt for $5!
And the winning design is…
Academic Year Calendar Year
Term: Fall – Spring
◦ Elections in late spring
Potential challenges in
officer transition (summer
Offset from CCI’s new
student org. calendar
Still aligns with NSCS
Term: Jan – Dec
◦ Elections in early Dec
(prior to exams)
officer transition (old
officers still around)
New officers can attend
CCI Student Org. Training
in early Jan.
Chapter officer transition
offset from national NSCS
If you have any comments or questions regarding this,
please let me (Ben Whitehead) know by this Friday, Sep. 13!
“The National Society of Collegiate Scholars at
Stay updated about what’s going on
◦ NSCS events & opportunities, Meeting minutes,
Share your ideas, news, and your events!
◦ We know you’re involved on campus – so please
share what you’re doing with us!
New Member Induction Ceremony
◦ October 27, Sunday, at 2pm in Fiesta Room
ALL members are encouraged to attend and welcome our new
SA Food Bank: Volunteering at the main Warehouse
◦ November 2, Saturday, from 1-4pm
To be followed by an opportunity for fellowship (such as Frozen
Mark your calendars – more details and sign-up sheet to come
as the date approaches!
◦ Fall Semester: Oct 14, Nov 11, Dec 9
2nd Monday of each month at 8pm
Thanks for coming!!
Stay updated through our emails and Chapter Facebook Page!