Transcript of "Strategic Review of the Canadian Automotive Industry"
Strategic Review of the Canadian Automotive Industry
Dennis DesRosiers - February 28, 2007
Importance of the Auto Sector to the Canadian Economy
• The automotive sector is Canada’s largest direct employer and
one of Canada’s largest trading sectors
• Over 700,000 workers directly employed by the sector
• Millions of other jobs indirectly affected by the sector
• About 40,000 firms directly involved with manufacturing,
distributing, selling and repairing vehicles
• All Provinces have some exposure but most Manufacturing is in
Ontario with a smattering in Quebec
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.