1. VU Curriculum A quick walk through a possible future.Owen HicksAugust, 2011
2. What is it that I hope you will comeaway with at the end of this session?na sense of the current situation of curriculum at VU;nan idea of what the future might look like;na sense of what might be gained and what might be lost;n a sense of how you might get there and how you might know.
3. A little exercise in model building. Change Analysis Framework
4. A little exercise in model buildingTEACHINGLEARNINGCONTENTCURRICULUMSYLLABUSTRAINING PACKAGESUBJECTCOURSECOMPETENCY Try using these words and symbols to build yourself a model of how the wordsDISCIPLINE fit together in your world at VU.LECTURER/TEACHERSTUDENT
5. Change Analysis Framework TITLE Current situation:+ - New situation:
6. Change Analysis Framework The VU Tertiary Curriculum Current situation: (a description of the current situation as regards curriculum at VU) (positive aspects of (negative aspects of the current situation) the current situation)+ - (positive aspects of (negative aspects of the new situation) the new situation) New situation: (a description of what curriculum might possibly look like following the work of the ‘Curriculum Commission’)
7. LogisticsWhat structures might we need to bring about these changes?Over what time frame?What events could/should occur?What resources would be needed?
8. EvaluationHow might you know the changes were being achieved?How might you know if they were effective?