1. Web Design User Requirements
Would you kindly complete and return the enclosed form. Your response will help us to
define the design specification based on an intimate understanding of your vision,
requirements and content.
For and on behalf of FifteenDegress-North Ltd
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email email@example.com
2. Web Design User Requirements
Page 2 of 12
Information Requirement to commence web design and development:
Client input is the foundation upon which successful web sites are built. This survey will help you articulate and identify
the overall goals of your site design / redesign, including specific questions regarding message, audience, content, look
and feel, and functionality.
Each key decision maker should fill out his or her own survey, and answer each of the questions in a thorough but brief
and clear manner, and add any additional notes or comments at the end of the survey.
1. What is the name of your company/venture/brand?
2. Who is the client, please list company details, primary contact and contact details?
Contact Numbers Cell
Contact Number Office
Contact Number Fax
Client Company Name
Client VAT Number
Client Physical Address
Client Postal Address
Contact Person Accounts
Preferred time of contact
3. What is the name of your company and your current (or intended) URL?
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email firstname.lastname@example.org 2
3. Web Design User Requirements
Page 3 of 12
4. Who are the primary contacts from your organization and who has final approval on the project? Please list
names, titles, email addresses and contact details.
Primary Names Designation Email Address Contact Details
5. What is your intended launch date for the new site? Are there any outside considerations that may affect the
schedule (e.g., PR launch, tradeshow, annual report, etc.)?
6. Is the site hosted? If so, who are your hosting service providers, URL, contact details, and FTP/FrontPage
Username & Password?
7. Is there a hosting requirement? If so, please detail requirements for a comprehensive quote. Please note
that for ALL of our Web design clients we offer FREE business hosting for the first 2 years!
8. Do you have a specific budget range in mind for this project? Can this project be divided into phases in
order to accommodate budget and timing constraints? For Budgets below $2000 Please click Here
Budget $2,000 to $5,000
Budget $5,000 to $10,000
Budget $10,000 to $15,000
Budget $15,000 to $20,000
Budget $20,000 to $30,000
Budget $30,000 to $50,000
Budget $50,000 Upwards
9. Do you intend to invest in additional features and functionality over the 12 months following the initial
Period Functionality / Features Budget
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email email@example.com 3
4. Web Design User Requirements
Page 4 of 12
Reasons for Launch/Redesign
1. What are the main reasons you are launching your site? (New business model, outdated site, expanded
services, different audience, etc.)
2. What are your primary online business objectives with the site launch/redesign?
3. What are your secondary objectives? (Increased sales, marketing/branding awareness, reduce customer
service calls, etc.) Please discuss both long- and short-term goals.
4. What is the main business problem you hope to solve with the site launch/redesign? How will you measure
the success of the solution?
5. What existing strategy (both on and offline) is in place in order to meet the new business objectives?
1. Describe a typical user coming to your site
How often is the user online and what does s/he generally use the web for?
How old is the user and what does s/he do for a living? (Use as much detail as possible in profiling your
target user. Profile more than one type if appropriate.)
What is the primary “action” the user should take when coming to your site? (purchase, become a member,
search for information, etc.)
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email firstname.lastname@example.org 4
5. Web Design User Requirements
Page 5 of 12
2. What are the key reasons why the target user chooses your company’s products and/or services? (Cost,
service, value, etc.)
3. How many people (as far as you can tell) access your site on a daily, weekly or monthly basis? How do you
measure usage? Do you forecast usage to increase over the next year and by how much? (If Applicable)
1. Use a few adjectives to describe how the user should perceive the new site. (Ex: prestigious, friendly,
corporate, fun, forward-thinking, innovative, cutting edge, etc.) Is this different than current image
2. How is your company currently perceived offline? Do you wish to carry through the same kind of message
through your web site?
3. How does your company differentiate itself from competitors? Do you think your current audience
differentiates you from your competition?
4. List URLs of your competitor’s sites. What specifically do you like, don’t like about these sites, and in what
respects do you think your site should stand out from these?
5. List any URLs of sites you find compelling. What specifically do you like about these sites?
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email email@example.com 5
6. Web Design User Requirements
Page 6 of 12
Interface Design / Look and feel
1. What type of layout style do you prefer for the site?
[ ] Traditional / Left Aligned [ ] Traditional / Right Aligned
Logo / Banner Banner / Logo
Main Menu Content Content Main Menu
Top Down Hierarchy [ ] Other – Please specify / list example URL(s)
Banner / Logo
2. There are alternative ways to layout the site making use of tables & layers or frames.
The main difference being that with frames components such as the logo/banner and menu areas can stay
static in the interface (does not scroll out of view), and with tables it will scroll out of view as the browser scrolls
down on the page.
With table layout the whole page will reload with on each click, but with frames only the relevant frame, i.e. the
content frame will reload.
Table style layouts are more search engine “friendly” than frames. If you are very dependent on traffic
generated through search engines, tables are the way to go.
Taking the above into account, please specify your preference:
[ ] Table Layout [ ] Frames Layout
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email firstname.lastname@example.org 6
7. Web Design User Requirements
Page 7 of 12
3. What design style(s) do you prefer for your site:
[ ] Futuristic [ ] High Tech [ ] Abstract/Artistic
[ ] Corporate [ ] Conservative [ ] Cutting Edge
[ ] Clean / Minimalistic [ ] 3D [ ] Geometric
[ ] Other – Please Specify
4. What type of (combination of) colors do you prefer for the site:
[ ] CID Colors [ ] Flat Colors [ ] Pastel
[ ] Metallic / Chrome [ ] Earth Tones [ ] Dark / Ominous
[ ] Gradient Fills [ ] Textures [ ] Colorful / Multi-color
[ ] Other – Please Specify
5. Use of content graphics in the layout of the pages:
[ ] Focus Graphic Per Page [ ] Graphics Laid out with Content
6. Is A flash Intro Animation required?
[ ] Yes [ ] No
7. If required, what is your requirement / vision for the flash animation:
Logo animation with short description of your business & tag line
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email email@example.com 7
8. Web Design User Requirements
Page 8 of 12
Flash menu for banner and main links. HTML text buttons for sub-links and hyperlinks within
content. Is there a requirement for dynamic content navigation?
1. Will this site use existing content from the current site? If so, what is the source and who is responsible for
approval? If not, will you be creating content in-house or using an outside provider? (Answer Applicable
2. What is the basic structure of the content, and how is it organized? Is it a complete overhaul of the current
site, or an expansion? (Answer Applicable Sections)
Default / Welcome Page
o Flash Intro / Animation
About Us / Profile Page
Products / Services Page
Enquiry / Feedback Form
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Contact Us Page
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email firstname.lastname@example.org 8
9. Web Design User Requirements
Page 9 of 12
3. How many images will be used on the website in terms of the following:
The main differences between the different images are the following:
Focus Images: - Focus graphic images are used as a focal attraction or visual feature on various web pages. A
common application for focus graphics are to create a high impact visual differentiation between main sections of a
website, and if budget allows between all pages including ordinary content pages. In many instances focus graphics
can be integrated into the header graphic that forms part of the interface design. Unless SilverstoneCIS can provide
suitable royalty free images for use, it is the client’s responsibility to supply source imagery or request image
acquisition or photography if required at an additional cost.
Content Images: - Content graphic images are used to visually support specific content pieces on various web
pages. As the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words, and with good supporting content graphics, the
viewer has an attractive lead in to important content messages from the website owner. Because content graphics
are generally less prominent than focus images, the creative process can be relatively less extensive than seen for
the production of focus images. Unless SilverstoneCIS can provide suitable royalty free images for use, it is the
client’s responsibility to supply source imagery or request image acquisition or photography if required at an
Catalogue Images: - Catalogue graphic images are used to display a range of products or services on various web
pages. Because catalogue images are generally shot by professional photographers specifically for the needs of the
customer, not too much editing is required, apart from replicated styling in a similar manner across the entire product
range. Unless SilverstoneCIS can provide suitable royalty free images for use, it is the client’s responsibility to
supply source imagery or request image acquisition or photography if required at an additional cost.
Focus Images: [ ]
Content Images: [ ]
Catalogue Images: [ ]
4. Describe visual elements or content which should be utilized from your current site or marketing materials
(logo, color scheme, navigation, naming conventions, etc.).
5. How will the content of this site (along with functionality and navigation) expand or differ from your current
site? Do you have an existing sitemap for the outgoing site structure? Do you already have a sitemap or
outline for the proposed redesign? If not do you need assistance to help fast track thoughts on your side?
6. What imagery/graphical/multi-media content will you be able to provide:
I.e. products, facilities, staff, customers, etc.
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email email@example.com 9
10. Web Design User Requirements
Page 10 of 12
7. What imagery/graphical/multi-media do you want us to source from royalty free/rights protected image
banks, and/or do we need to create:
I.e. Images depicting customer service – operator on telephone, smiling executive shaking hands etc.
Please specify a budget for rights protected imagery.
1. What is your target platform and browser (if you know e.g. Internet Explorer and / or Netscape etc.)?
2. What is your target browser resolution?
Please note that recent surveys showed the split between pages viewed at 800x600, and 1024x768 is
approximately 50/50. Targeting smaller resolution browsers are more inclusive, but designing for larger resolution
allows more flexibility in design and layout. We would always recommend 1024/768 as a minimum!
[ ] 800 by 600 [ ] 1024 by 768
like to use in the site? If so, how will they enhance the user experience? Please describe in detail.
[ ] Flash Intro on welcome page?
[ ] Flash Menu Navigation?
4. Are there specific requirements in terms of the server hosting platform?
[ ] Windows NT/2000
[ ] ODBC / Access database
[ ] FrontPage Server Extensions
[ ] SQL Server
[ ] SSL Security
[ ] Shopping Cart
[ ] Payment Gateway
[ ] Other
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email firstname.lastname@example.org 10
11. Web Design User Requirements
Page 11 of 12
5. Will you have database functionality (dynamic content generation, search capabilities, personalization/log-
in, etc.)? Do you already have a database in place? Please describe in detail, including specific information
regarding existing programs and software.
6. Will you have a need for secured transactions (e-commerce)? Do you already offer transactions online?
Please describe in detail.
7. Will you require other specific programming needs (personalization, search capability)? Please describe in
1. How do most people find out about your current web site? What methods of distributing the URL already
exist within the company?
2. Briefly, what are your short-term marketing plans (Specifically for the site design / redesign and the 12
months following launch)?
3. Do you have an existing or planned marketing strategy in mind to promote this site launch / redesign? If so,
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email email@example.com 11
12. Web Design User Requirements
Page 12 of 12
4. Do you intend to keep the site updated? If so, how often? Who is responsible for updating and providing
5. If you intend to update the site internally, which web development package would be used, i.e. FrontPage,
Please take as much space as you wish.
Respondent Name: Date Completed:
Please save the completed document and email to us for review at firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlight questions where you need further clarification or explanation. As much detail as possible is preferred, but
anything as early as possible is better than nothing initially. It will help us to guide define the specification of the site.
Please attach any media/images/content in separate zip file.
Look forward to hearing back from you.
FifteenDegrees-North Ltd. Reg. No: 2000/018 Directors: M Nenadic’, A Sargeson Email email@example.com 12