The Top 10 Ways Blogs Will Drive Your Business By Derrick Sorles & Michael Snell www.YourBusinessMDs.com
Blog, Blog, Blog... <ul><li>WHAT ARE THESE CREATURES? </li></ul><ul><li>NOT a “new” tool </li></ul><ul><li>More widely used applications </li></ul><ul><li>User-Friendly / Search Engine Friendly </li></ul><ul><li>Inexpensive </li></ul><ul><li>Effective </li></ul><ul><li>They are cumulative and last forever. </li></ul>
Marketing Yesterday and Today <ul><li>Yesterday(Web1.0) </li></ul><ul><li>Direct Mail </li></ul><ul><li>Web Sites </li></ul><ul><li>Direct Sales </li></ul><ul><li>Today (Web 2.0) </li></ul><ul><li>Email </li></ul><ul><li>Blogging </li></ul><ul><li>Webinars, Audio and Video Podcasts </li></ul>
Web 2.0 Web 2.0 encompasses all of the participative and exchanging Web-based tools available to create an Internet presence : Social Networks, Blogs, Podcasts and Wikis.
How Can You Use Blogs <ul><li>Company / industry news </li></ul><ul><li>Brand development </li></ul><ul><li>Product/service information </li></ul><ul><li>Generating buzz </li></ul><ul><li>Top customer stories </li></ul><ul><li>Lead generation </li></ul>
Why you should be blogging sooner, rather than later
Top 10 Ways Blogs Drive Business 10. Blogs are one of the least expensive methods to create buzz and get the word out to the world on you, your company, and you areas of expertise. FREE UNDER $50 Annually $750 Professional Delivery
9. People doing key word searches via search engines will find your blog, not necessarily your website. Dynamic Vs. Static No tags necessary-No IT people The pull power of words
8. Blogs humanize you and create an organic, powerfully evolving user experience. Organic Vs. Sanitized 5th “P” of marketing participation Threaded comments
7. Blogs are an amazing tool and platform to showcase your knowledge and expertise interactively. Online magazine / talk show Demonstrate your expertise Create “hub” of relative information
6. Prospects are constantly searching the web for information, deals and opportunities-will they find you or your competition instead? Power of “key word searches” The “new yellow pages” Power of Google page one
5. Develop yourself as the thought leader in your industry. “ PULL” the world to you Lead generation Speaking engagements/publishing
4. The winners in the blogosphere will be those who host the very best content and inspire conversations. Be the “must go-to site” Facilitate conversations uniquely Generate buzz-viral & WOMA potential
3. A blog allows you to be the producer and star of your own show-a business celebrity . Full multi-media capability Website-like appearance Vibrant, high-quality presentation of you and your work
2. The shelf life of blog posts can remain on the web forever. Print & Display Ad shelf-life Traditional costs of print advertising The power of more and more words that can live on the Internet forever
1. If you aren’t out there, your competitors will be. First mover advantage Build trust, credibility and loyalty The time is now!
What do I blog about? Industry / product news / trends FAQ Book reviews and related products/services What is of interest to your clients? Share personal stories-client testimonials Reference Articles
How do I get started? Accept the cheese has been moved ! Don’t be afraid-EXPLORE! Consider Web 2.0 an exciting new frontier to pioneer -- an opportunity,an adventure -- not more work!
For more info contact us: Michael Snell Derrick Sorles www.YourBusinessMDs.com (773) 878-5323 derrick @ BusinessBloggingConsultants.com