2. There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you’ll be free if you truly wish to be. Willy Wonka
3. Creativity is the ability to think up and design works of art, solve problems in new ways, or develop an idea based on an original, novel, or unconventional approach.
4. Visual thinking is about using pictures to help you solve problems, think about complex issues and communicate more effectively This & this And these To show this!
5. Life in the fast lane: In an increasingly fast paced world we don’t make tome for creative activities.
6. With assignments, tests, notes, class work, and all the other “stuff” that comes with being a teenager, student, young adult, son/daughter…
7. There does not seem to be enough time to do what you need to do, Not to mention time to do the things that you want to do.
8. The creativity gets Squeezed Out of us all.
9. What Do we do now?
10. Step One Let the child inside of you out! In your childhood, you had abilities that are hard to imagine now. Remember when a simple box was hours of fun. The boxes of the world have not changed.
11. Step Two Nurture creative and visual thinking in your life, as often as you can. Nurture creative and visual thinking in your life, even when you do not have to.
13. Your face here MYTH MYTH You have to be an artist
15. MYTH MYTH Creativity does not always come from an epiphany.
16. Creativity is hard work!
17. There is a clear path to creativity MYTH
18. To be creative, you just need to spend some quite time alone. MYTH
19. Who makes the most creative, fun, blockbuster movies that everyone enjoys?
21. Cubicles are houses. Meeting and work rooms are actually places you want to be.
23. In this photo provided by Pixar Animation Studios, members of Pixar Animation Studios' Ratatouille film production crew participate in a cooking class at Paulding & Company on Thursday, June 23, 2005, in Emeryville, Calif. &quot;Ratatouille,&quot; Pixar's new movie about one rat's dream of haute cuisine came by its acting chops the old-fashioned way, turning to a real-life top chef for the inside dish on kitchen kinetics.
24. Creative ideas are not always great.
25. Being creative is a waste of time. MYTH
26. Creativity is not for serious adults with serious carriers. MYTH
27. How do we fix ourselves? 1. Practice, Do it, do it some more, get better. 2. Read, good books are examples of someone else’s creativity and stimulates you own. 3. Take the time to do it. Put creative time in you DAILY schedule. You can not be creative on a rushed project.
28. THE assignment <ul><li>Create a symbol for each of your classes. </li></ul><ul><li>The symbol should be a way for you to know (pneumonic) what class it is. </li></ul>
30. Blankenship Marin (Marlin)
31. THE homework Tell the story of what happens from the moment you wake up to the time you step into first period on any given school day. By the way, do it all with pictures, NO words.
32. Thank You <ul><li>Thank you to all who put up with watching this. </li></ul><ul><li>A special thanks to poplabs and Slideshare.net for inspiration. </li></ul><ul><li>Extra thanks to all those whom post wonder pictures on the internet for us all to enjoy. </li></ul>