The NBER Working Paper Series at 20,000 - Joshua Gans
Peer Review, Publication and the Diffusion of
University of Toronto
WP@20000, July 2014
Publication and Peer Review Lags
• Working papers appear years before published work
• Working papers are not peer reviewed
• Almost: some are discussed at conferences
• Does publication mean anything?
• With 20,000 working papers and growing, what
identifiers should be on NBER ‘published’ work?
Web Repository Options
• Open access
• Comments and Conference Discussions
• Dataset links
• Links to published works
• Links to press and summaries
• Should the NBER provide peer review (that is then submitted to
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.