1. VINAYKA MISION’S UNIVERSITY –SALEMThe Vinayaka Mission‟s UniversityThe Vinayaka Missions University was established in 2001 under section 3 of the UGC Act1956. The University had a significant evolution starting from 1982 with a pharmacy college asits first institution and over a period of three decades it has established over 27 educationinstitutions in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry.The University status was conferred by the Ministry of Human Resources Development,Government of India in 2001 with the recommendations of UGC as an acknowledgement ofexcellence and satisfaction of the highest level of academic standards and best infrastructure. TheUniversity is offering programs in the field of Medicine, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy,Physiotherapy, Allied Health Science, Homoeopathy, Engineering, Management, Humanitiesand Applied Sciences. Besides, the university has the mission to spread education not only inIndia but across the world. This was achieved by starting Distance Education programs throughour Directorate of Distance EducationThe Directorate of Distance Education commenced its programs in the year 2007 with theobjective of widening access to higher education for diversified learners at national and globallevels. The academic programs are approved by the Distance Education Council, IGNOU, NewDelhi, vide, DEC/VMRF/07/255/dated 28.2.2007. www.vmrf.edu.inJODHPUR NATIONAL UNIVERSITY –JODHPUR (RAJASTHAN)Jodhpur National University has pioneered the concept of technical and professional educationin the Western part of Rajasthan. It was established by Govt. of Rajasthan u/s 2(f) of the UGCAct, 1956.Since its inception, it has strived to provide excellence in all fields of technical and professionaleducation by attracting the best of the faculty from a wide spread spectrum of intellectuals fromall over the country and abroad.The University is situated in the suburbs of Jodhpur and ishoused in a sprawling campus of 30 acres. It provides a highly stimulating and intellectuallyvibrant ambience to the students wishing to pursue quality education and excellence in theirchosen field.
2. This University will be committed to “Ready to work” culture, placement, multi- skilling,influencing practice and promoting value based growth. The University will emphasize skill andattitudes as much as knowledge of developing indigenous learner centric pedagogic technologiesand adopting practices from elite institutions. It will try to integrate education with actionoriented research, group dynamics, customized practice exercises. Two pillars on which rest theedifices of our educational pedagogy and development are social relevance and responsiveness,concurrent co-operation and competition.Recognition of various courses with various councils, top class infrastructure, reputed faculty,brilliant students, intensive corporate interaction, University toppers, GATE ranks, placement-hi-tech-personality enhancement teaching and academic environment encouraged us to establishan University.This University will be committed to “Ready to work” culture, placement, multi- skilling,influencing practice and promoting value based growth. The University will emphasize skill andattitudes as much as knowledge of developing indigenous learner centric pedagogic technologiesand adopting practices from elite institutions. It will try to integrate education with actionoriented research, group dynamics, customized practice exercises. Two pillars on which rest theedifices of our educational pedagogy and development are social relevance and responsiveness,concurrent co-operation and competition.The University will ensure the completion of course in a fixed time frame, hi-tech teachingmaterial, quick response to technological changes, cultivating the brilliancy among student andinteractive faculty.The University will have 4-tier educational process: ie. Research, Post graduate courses, undergraduate courses, P.G. diploma and certificates in Engineering, Technology, Management,Pharmacy, Dental, Law, Computer Applications, Applied Science and education sectors.The University will provide interaction with highly qualified and dynamic faculty of 132,faculty has published 58 research paper, 20 books in a very short period. Faculties are equippedwith 79 labs, 137 journals and 26000 state of the art library books. A 31 acre campus withhospital, transportation, residential accommodation, bank with ATM facility, modern hostelfacilities and nearly 100 placementsJodhpur National University UGC Approval ,Jodhpur Institute of Law BCIJodhpur National UniversityAICTE All India Council For Technical EducationJodhpur Dental College General Hospital (JDCGH)DCI : Dental Council of IndiaJodhpur Pharmacy College, Jodhpur PCI Pharmancy Council of India www.jodhpurnationaluniversity.com KARNAKARNATAKA STATE OPEN UNIVERSITY
3. (Establised Under Karnataka State vide Government notification no ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 KSOU Act – 1992)RECOGNITIONThe Karnataka State Open University has been recognized by the following well-knownorganization.The Distance Education Council (DEC) New Delhi,Regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi,Permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) London UK,Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China,And also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL).NATIONAL– INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITIONKarnataka State Open University (KSOU) was established on 1st June 1996 with the assent ofHis Excellency Honorable Governor of Karnataka as a full fledged University in the academicyear 1996 vide Government notification no ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 (KSOUAct – 1992). The act was promulgated with the object to incorporate an Open University at theState level for the introduction and promotion of Open University and Distance Educationsystems in the education pattern of the State and for the Co-ordination and determination ofstandard of such systems.With the virtue of KSOU Act of 1992, Karnataka State OpenUniversity is empowered to establish, maintain or recognize Colleges, Regional Centers andStudy Centers at such places in Karnataka and may also open outside Karnataka at such placesas it deems fit.Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, has accorded recognition toKarnataka State Open University, Mysore for offering Programmes / Courses approved by theStatutory bodies of the University. Karnataka State Open University is a recognized Universityof Distance Education Council under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD) (Revised notification F. No. DEC/OU/Recog./2008).Karnataka State Open Universityis a regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi since 1999 (No.EV/11(80)/99/203935-4172).Karnataka State Open University is a permanent member ofAssociation of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, United Kingdom since 1999. Itsmember code is: ZKASOPENUINI.Karnataka State Open University is a permanent member of Asian Association of OpenUniversities (AAOU), Beijing, China since 1999.Karnataka State Open University has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL),Vancouver, Canada since 2003. COL is an intergovernmental organization created byCommonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of openlearning / distance education knowledge, resources and technologies.Recognition Policy of DEC (Distance Education Council).www.ksoumysore.edu.in CMJ UNIVERSITY
4. (Established by State Act No. – 09 of Govt. of Meghalaya Under Section 2F of U.G.C. Act 1956)In response to the concerned expressed by the Hon‟ble Prime Minister regarding the urgent needto create a second wave of institution building of Excellence, the CMJ foundation has taken theinitiative to establish a world class, multi-faculty teaching & research university with studentsfrom across India and around the world at Shillong in Meghalaya. The university will nurturegenerations of global leaders who will make significant contributions to society through theirchosen disciplines. It will integrate teaching, learning, and research into a holistic learningenvironment that encourages leading scholarship.The University aims to boldly energies the intellectual life of India, build principled leaders totake the nation forward, and inspire a cascade of change that challenges the current educationsystem to improve and also provide Indian Scholars the resources to represent India as majorcontributors to global thought, and thus bridge the international quality gap in education that isessential to assuring India‟s lead in becoming a major player in the tomorrow‟s world.It also provides an academic environment that is more attractive to an internationally diversifiedstudent body-promoting Indian Institutions as globally competitive options for higher learning.The university is also committed to a vision of nurturing talent into all-round excellence,producing not just technocrats or professionals, but the genuine visionaries.CMJ University is established by a State Act (No.4 of 2009) under Section 2(F) of the UGC Act1956. It has started functioning from the current Academic Session (2009-10) from a rentedpremises at Laitumukhra, Shillong, Meghalaya with adequate and well developed state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities i.e. Lecture Halls; Seminar & Conference Rooms; Laboratories &Workshops; Library & Computer Centre.The permanent campus of the University is being developed with an estimated investment ofmore than 200 crores, supported by thriving ecosystem of knowledge in breathtakingpicturesque natural surroundings at Sumer, 30 kms. From Shillong, the State capital Headquarterof Meghalaya. The campus will be developed in a phased manner to nurture a vibrant UniversityCampus with a population of more than 500 people. The township will give rise to schools,recreational facilities, residential areas, commercial activities, park & cultural institutions. www.cmjuniversity.edu.in M.G.UNIVERSITY Recognized by Tripartite committee UGC-DEC-AICTEMahatma Gandhi is inspiration of millions of people all over the world for his principles, vision& knowledge. Following the footsteps „Mahatma Gandhi University‟ is a university with amission to make difference in field of education. Mahatma Gandhi University (M.G.U) isestablished through Meghalaya State legislative Act, 2010 (Meghalaya Act No.6 of 2011),published in the Gazette of Meghalaya vide No.LL (B).138/2010/41. The Promoting body ofMGU has vast experience in the field of Education. University is setup with an objective of
5. providing best quality education to the students.Mahatma Gandhi University is empowered to award degrees as specified by the UniversityGrants Commission (UGC) under section 22 of the UGC Act 1956. Earn your degree on yourterms. Whether you choose to learn online or at a local campus, you can count on ourchallenging curriculum and a supportive learning environment. Mahatma Gandhi University aninstitution which promises to become one of India‟s leading universities with an acknowledgedreputation for excellence in research and teaching. Needless to say it has achieved resoundingsuccess in all its ventures including professional education. MGU has emerged as a globaluniversity with boasting distinctive strengths in education and entrepreneurship. As a platformfor excellence in teaching, learning & administration, state-of-the-art information technology isextensively used in M.G.U, contributing to the development of well trained graduates, postgraduates and doctorates to meet the professional manpower needs of not just India but theworld. www.mgu.edu.inJaipur National university –jaipur (Rajasthan)The UniversityJaipur National University (JNU), Jaipur came into existence in the year 2007. Two professionalinstitutes of the seedling Group, established in 2002, with several technical & professionalprogrammes of studies, were merged with the University to form a major part of the University.In 2008 the University was visited by an expert panel of UGC members which accordedapproval to our programmes under clause 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.The School of DistanceEducation was accorded approval by the Joint Committee of the UGC- AICTE- DEC for offeringprogrammes through Distance Education Mode. Besides these mandatory recognitions, theUniversity has earned the trust and goodwill of aspiring students, parents, public and concernedagencies, based on excellence in teaching and sincere emphasis on high standards of research.In such a short span, JNU has made a niche for itself in the country because of its commitment toproviding quality education and a conducive learning environment. The University is becomingan obvious choice for professional and technical education, as well as for lovers of qualityacademic pursuits. Here is a University where the exceptional and the affordable come together.The University has demonstrated high standards of teaching and research. Highly qualified andexperienced faculty adorn its classrooms. Four times, the University has been rated among thetop 20 BT Schools of India by the well-known magazine Biospectrum. Lectures by eminentscholars are arranged on a regular basis for the benefit of both students and teachers.Collaboration with top national and international Universities and institutions is also itshallmark.